News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

8 months with no good news?

Started by goat starer, June 05, 2013, 12:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goat starer

has it really been that bad?

well let me give you some. Three years ago I met a person who changed my life. I vanished for a long time because it got good and I was busy doing amazing things... im sorry if I forgot you wonderful people then but i think you may understand. on the 19th of December this year Gem and I are getting married. I hope you will think that is good news!  :)
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Swatopluk

Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

goat starer

I would never gloat at you lot.. this place refuged me (that not a word but it will do) for a long time when things were very bad... all of you helped me through diversion, advice, counselling etc.

I guess i came back mostly to say thanks!

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Swatopluk

I also consider this place a lifeline.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

Me too. And I think our good news is buried in other threads. Maybe we are just less flamboyant about it now.

Congrats Goat. Hope you have a long and happy marriage. Maybe you can post here in this thread on your sixtieth anniversary.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bruder Cuzzen

Hi goat !

Unfortunately I haven't any good news for sometime . I will have good news when I'm cured of this phrenic nerve problem .

Oh ... I do have good news , I have not hiccuped all day . They were torturing me for the last ten days :)

Oh , I almost forgot to say ... Congratulations !

pieces o nine

Congratulations, goat.  May you' stare' at each other rapturously for many long and happy years to come!    :)
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Aggie

WWDDD?

goat starer

Cheers guys... Hopefully good news is infectious!

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

Bluenose

Great to hear from you again old friend and to then hear from you with such good news, it has made my day!  Congratulations!!!

:ape_dancing: :dancingcow: :goodjob: :catroll: :taz:
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Having you back is good news, having you happy is great news. Congratulations!
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

The Meromorph

Welcome back, beloved Sibling...  :toast: :yar: :wavegroup:
Dances with Motorcycles.

Opsa

I'm so happy for you, dear Goat. I hope you'll stay beyond just a thank you. We missed you!
:hug:

PS: We're toasting you down in The Vent.

Lindorm

Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)

Darlica

Congratulations!
I wish you a long and happy life together.

:selfhug:

Thank you for coming back to tell us! :)
:hug:
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Opsa

We're toasting the bride in Ye Olde Toadface. Goatie, you're the life of the party around here.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: goat starer on June 05, 2013, 12:20:29 AM

on the 19th of December this year Gem and I are getting married. I hope you will think that is good news!  :)

Cheers, mate!  I'll raise a toast to the happy (and soon to be happier) couple, next time I'm drinking something appropriate.

Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

goat starer

cheers guys and gals!.... now tell me something happy from you lot! just a small thing!

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

Griffin NoName

Happy, Happy, Happy, I managed to write four sentences of my 20,000 word dissertation today.

Is this happy enough, Goat?

It is certainly Happy having you around. :D
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

Quote from: goat starer on June 06, 2013, 11:56:02 PM
cheers guys and gals!.... now tell me something happy from you lot! just a small thing!
ummmmm,
1. Spring is here, just in time for the onset of Summer!    :toast:
2. Tomorrow is Friday!    :toast:
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"

Opsa

Quote from: goat starer on June 06, 2013, 11:56:02 PM
Just finished my sixth children's theater production as director/producer. No pay, but doing something good for the youngsters! Will be teaching summer improv workshops at the local community center in a few weeks.

Th'Opsalette just finished her first year of High School.

Darlica

"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Aggie

:thumbsup: Improv should be a good way to stay involved but change it up from the usual structure.
WWDDD?

Opsa

Oh yes, it lets the individual's creativity shine through brilliantly!

goat starer

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

Opsa

We did an improv version of two short stories: "Snow White and Rose Red" and "Puss-in-Boots" and called the whole thing "Two Roses and a Cat".

Aggie

I've just been asked to be best man for one of my friends.  The happy couple is planning to get married on Halloween in what is sure to be a very funky and personalized ceremony. This year I'll be both best man (Halloween) and maid man of honour (Christmas).
WWDDD?

Opsa

That sounds like so much fun! You must be a great friend to have such honors.

pieces o nine

Do you have to buy a new dress tux for each one?     :)

Aggie

My Maid of Honour tux will be a rental (sis's colour is charcoal, which is perfect), but I've no idea what the dress code will be for the Best Man gig. It's literally on Oct 31, so drag has crossed my mind. It'd be fitting, and the couple in question would probably get a kick out of it. Perhaps grow my beard out and go as a Solicitine nun.

QuoteSister Peace: What d'you think the good Lord would be doing on a beautiful day like today, huh?

Simon: Ummm... tending His flock?

Sister Peace: Nope! He'd be loafing and fishing. C'mon, let's go!

:mrgreen:
WWDDD?

Opsa

Quote from: Aggie on August 27, 2013, 06:17:21 AM
My Maid of Honour tux will be a rental (sis's colour is charcoal, which is perfect), but I've no idea what the dress code will be for the Best Man gig. It's literally on Oct 31, so drag has crossed my mind. It'd be fitting, and the couple in question would probably get a kick out of it. Perhaps grow my beard out and go as a Solicitine nun.

QuoteSister Peace: What d'you think the good Lord would be doing on a beautiful day like today, huh?

Simon: Ummm... tending His flock?

Sister Peace: Nope! He'd be loafing and fishing. C'mon, let's go!

:mrgreen:

I love that idea!