News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Vacation

Started by Opsa, July 22, 2010, 09:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

Earlier this year we were asked to go to the beach by some good friends, but had to cancel our plans when we realized we wouldn't have enough money to do half the rental. I was bummed, as I really love to see the ocean every year.

One of the things that kept us from going is that our daughter th' Opsalette has a music camp she normally attends, and we normally chaperone for it, although we still have to pay to go. Still,  it's fun and we often count it as our summer vacation. Well, it got canceled because they couldn't get the cabins, so we were left with no vacation at all. Not a problem, we decided to do a Sta-ycation and visit a bunch of nearby villages.

On Tuesday my sister called, and said that she had rented a beach cottage in late August, but one of their friends can only go for half the week, and she invited us. It's very inexpensive- like $47 a day for all three of us to stay per night. If we are careful about groceries and keeping it simple, we could afford it. So we said yes.

We've had some big expenses here lately, and it certainly would have been more frugal to say no, but then I remember how awfully frugal my mom was when we were growing up, and how very seldom we ever went on a vacation trip. I would like to give a little more to th' Opsalette now, while I am still able to romp on a beach with her. Someday soon I'll be old and have plenty of time to stay home. So I wrote the check and mailed it off before I could think of too many financial reasons not to.

I love the beach. I love hearing the waves, they sound like the earth breathing. With every breath I feel refreshed. I can walk on a beach for hours and not tire. I like the way seawater scrubs my toenails. It's been a couple of years since we made it to the shore. I am happy about this chance to go again.

Griffin NoName

Hope you have a wonderful time. Holidays come in all shapes and sizes.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling DavidH

Hope you have a great holiday.  It's so wonderful for the kids, and so wonderful to go with the kids.  The seaside is the best, IMO.

Pachyderm

I would like to give a little more to th' Opsalette now, while I am still able to romp on a beach with her. Someday soon I'll be old and have plenty of time to stay home

Hat off, cap tipped.
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....