News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

On the Mend

Started by Opsa, March 04, 2010, 06:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

Oye, I've been sick. I've had a stuffy head for about three weeks, now. Yesterday it kicked into full-blown illness: headache, nausea, sore throat, full-body achiness and exhaustion. Turns out my sinuses are infected. The doc gave me a Z-pack and today I am feeling lots better!

I am grateful to be here.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Sorry to hear that, take lots of liquids, vitamin C, and rest.   :-*
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Aggie

Glad to hear you are feeling better - do you neti?  It might help prevent future infections and chase this one out.
WWDDD?

pieces o nine

So sorry to hear you are sick!   

1. Use soft tissues.   :sneeze:

2. Get plenty of rest.   

3. Follow doctor's orders.   

4. Drink lots of Vitamin C.   

Hope you are feeling right again soon!    :glomp:   
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Sibling DavidH

:stupid:

Glad you're now better.  Take it easy!
I don't think any of the above advice mentioned rum.

Darlica

:hug:

It's that season.
I'm floored too, with pretty much the same symptoms, I went to see a doctor two days ago and got some penicillin. I hope that does the trick.

I hope you get well soon!
:goodvibes:

"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Scriblerus the Philosophe

"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Opsa

Thank you, my Sibs.

I did Neti Pot a few times about a week ago. The problem was that I was draining like crazy. I think it would have been more helpful if my sinuses were not draining and needed a boost.

My doc said that I was draining, but that there was a big old clump of infected yerk way up in there that needed coming out. We suspect that the Loratadine I was taking daily for allergies was keeping it all packed up in there, so I have stopped taking that.

I am allergic to penicillin, so I'm on Azithromycin. I felt loads better yesterday, but today the infection is putting up a fight and I'm wiped. But that's better than I was on Wednesday.

Griffin NoName

Get better quickly.

I've got a bad throat, thick head. Caught from grand-daughter.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Afterglow

Soon better you should get ...  :P
JUST HERE but sometimes THERE!

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Oooh.... sympathies to all my sybs who are less than their best.

Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

pieces o nine

Most of my circle use a neti pot, bu I just cannot bring myself to try it ... (something to do with ancient childhood memory of nearly drowning, oi finks) ...

Do you use any aromatherapy oils?
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Aggie

I used to have a straight snort (snuff) of peppermint oil for clogged sinuses. NOT recommended!

Peppermint and eucalyptus dropped in a cup of boiled water (i.e. tea temp) can work wonders, however.
WWDDD?

Sibling DavidH

Mrs H bought some menthol-type inhalation stuff in Egypt.  You put some in a bowl of hot water and sniff it with a cloth over your head.  It would knock out a camel, no wonder the poor old Sphinx looks the way it does. My eyeballs stung for days.  Cross that one off your list.   :mrgreen:

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: pieces o nine on March 06, 2010, 04:08:25 AM
Most of my circle use a neti pot, bu I just cannot bring myself to try it ... (something to do with ancient childhood memory of nearly drowning, oi finks) ...

Do you use any aromatherapy oils?

One of my best buds uses this thing frequently, he says.

I cannot stand liquid in my nose, so I've never tried it-- in any case, I can usually clear my sinuses with a large mug o'hot tea, drunk as quickly as I'm able.  The only real side effect, aside from re-hydrating my sinuses, is it makes copious quantities of tea-pee.   ::)

I guess I'm fortunate:  I suffer mostly from too-dry sinuses, which can be mildly painful at times.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)