News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Good News Channel

Started by Darlica, May 28, 2008, 09:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

Good news: our fundraiser festival this past weekend for our all-volunteer community children's theater raised $500. Yeay! We can afford next season!

pieces o nine

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Roland Deschain

Congratulations on raising enough money for next year. It's surprising how many community activities rely on the generosity of strangers (and the not so strangers).
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Sibling DavidH

Hooray for Opsa!  Believe me, I know what news like that means.

Opsa

Hey-o! We're going to see the broadway musical version of "Peter Pan" tonight at a nearby Arts Conservatory. Can't wait. I was in a community theater production of it when I was a kid and the music has stuck with me forever. Particularly "I Won't Grow Up", which it seems I have taken to heart.  :blush:

Aggie

I like this one too...  :mrgreen:
[youtube=425,350]oqOm78Vvg3w[/youtube]
WWDDD?

Opsa

Ahhhhh, that's so wonderful.

Thank you.

Sibling DavidH

Went into town today to buy some Euros for our coming holiday.  Last year we were reckoning the Euro at £1 for practical purposes, in fact it was just a bit less.  Today I got €500 for £406.60, so for easy reckoning we can call it 80 pence.  OK, things in Greece will be dearer than last year, but I'd guess we're going to benefit substantially.   ;D

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

It's a lovely thing, when by sheer chance, you gain some sort of benefit from the way the world works, isn't it?   :)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling DavidH

Roland Deschain

It was up to around €1.24 to £1 when I checked a few days ago. The Pound Sterling has definitely become a little stronger against the Euro, which benefits us UK holidaymakers in Europe. It was down to €1.1 not so long ago.*

*Woo! An extra ten Eurocents, lol.

Swatopluk

On the other hand it makes my DVD imports from Amazon.co.uk more expensive again (still far cheaper than the UK IMPORT option from amazon.de)
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Roland Deschain

Quote from: Swatopluk on September 10, 2012, 04:12:36 PM
On the other hand it makes my DVD imports from Amazon.co.uk more expensive again (still far cheaper than the UK IMPORT option from amazon.de)
Buying from Amazon.co.uk also means you'll be able to purchase the more adult (as in violent, not as in prawn) things, especially when it comes to games.

Swatopluk

I could get theat from Austria too  :mrgreen:

But unless it is horses coming to harm, UK DVDs are less likely to be cut. And I never encountered such madness like "Thai/Mandarin without subtitles or dubbed with (and no option to switch them off)" there (unlike here).
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.