News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Toadfish-Appropriate Treats

Started by Opsa, November 14, 2007, 05:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

I hates the mallses, too. But you can order ginger treats online! These are by "The Ginger People" and are really good.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

The mall is inhabited by drones AFAIC, occasionally regular human beings go there, when there is no other option I imagine.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Thanks for the linky.

But your link reminded me of a wondermous Whole Foods Store that is not only an excellent source of "alternative" foods, it's not even close to any mall.  Nice.

I'll go get some on the morrorow or so.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Opsa

That linky is cool. It offered other ginger treat deals, too.

Let me know if you like them.

Bluenose

Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Opsa

It's GINGER PARADISE! Gotta try that ginger cocktail recipe. And the scones!!!

Looks like they have everything I love- especially ginger marmalade! I live for that stuff. It's so expensive here that I can't buy it unless it is on sale, which usually happens during the winter holidays.

And what about that vacation trip?!? You gonna enter, or what?!?

Bluenose

Ginger marmalade is a run-of-the-mill supermarket product here, about the same price as ordinary marmalade.  Want me to send you some?
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Bluenose on October 06, 2012, 10:42:10 PM
Ginger marmalade is a run-of-the-mill supermarket product here, about the same price as ordinary marmalade.  Want me to send you some?

One of several reasons why you are living in paradise, my friend.

:)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Bluenose

Quote from: Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith on October 06, 2012, 11:09:37 PM
One of several reasons why you are living in paradise, my friend.

:)

Well, whist I understand that there are a great many things that we could do much better in our country, I do try to remember that on the whole we have got it pretty good.

The standard of food over here is excellent, even ordinary bought from the supermarket fresh food is really of a high standard, even if I can be a bit disparaging about it and like to buy veggies etc at our local farmers' market.  The truth is, the farmers market is only once a month and I usually buy veggies from one or other of the supermarkets and there really is not too much to complain about, although I do try to avoid buying imported fresh food - such as Peruvian asparagus and US navel oranges*, and I always buy my fruit like berries and so on from local farms of which there are a great abundance.  Yes, in the words of the 1980s band Australian Crawl "I come from the land of plenty".

* Not that there is anything wrong with either of these products, actually they are quite good, just it seems that in a country that could theoretically feed a very large proportion of the globe it seems a bit ludicrous to be importing fresh food that we can and do produce ourselves.
---

Opsa - I bought a jar of Buderim ginger marmalade this afternoon while I was doing the shopping, PM me your address and I'll send it to you.   :mrgreen:

Opsa

Wow! But after the postage to the US, it may be a rather expensive pot of yum after all, won't it?

Not that I wouldn't welcome it with drool pouring all over my chin if you insist...

Bluenose

I do insist, how else can I share the gingery goodness?

Opsa

In the meantime, let me share with you the ingredients (from the menu) for a positively delightful drink I had in Boston last weekend. I've looked online for the exact recipe, but have yet to find it. Heaven!

Bluenose

Sounds very similar to a "Stones Mac" which is 50/50 (or to taste) Stones Green Ginger Wine and Scotch.   One of my favourites!

---

Oh, and Opsa, I finally got the time to go to the Post Office, marmalade is on its way.  Better get those taste buds ready!

Opsa

OMG! I yam drooling all ready. I wonder how long it will take to get here. M-must...have... uncrystallized... ginger... to... c-control drolling... in the meantime!

Opsa

Drolling?!? I meant "drooling". How droll.

:update:

I got the Australian ginger marmalade and it is scrumptious! It is filled to the brim with loads of uniformly sized ginger pieces that are suspended in a nice, thick base. It is not too hot and not too thin. All morsels were tender, not a stringy one in the bunch. Perfect! I had it on pumpernickel bagel and it was able to stand up to the strong rye flavor.

Thanks again, Blue.