News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Tea Time!

Started by Aggie, July 26, 2012, 06:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Bluenose on August 06, 2012, 11:59:49 PM
There's this little coffee bar next door to one of my clients in the city (Melbourne) that makes a truly awesome espresso.  Not too bitter, a lovely rich brown crema, smooth as silk. I ALWAYS get one when I go to that client.  Only $3.50 too.

Ironic.  That's the same amount that the Lock Ness monster tried to extort from Chef's parents for years....

.... (obscure South Park joke reference)

Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Roland Deschain

Tree fity? It was about that time, I see a Loch Nay Monster! I say a Loch Nay Monster? Some of us remember that one. ;D

The best tea shop I ever went to was in Ironbridge in Shropshire. It had a huge selection of Teas, more than you can imagine (not-so-obscure Star Wars reference). I had a pot of Japanese Green Stick Tea when there. Very nice, no milk, no sugar. The way it was intended.
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Aggie

Quote from: Roland Deschain on August 07, 2012, 10:36:17 PM
I had a pot of Japanese Green Stick Tea when there. Very nice, no milk, no sugar. The way it was intended.

Slightly more invigorating than Thai Stick tea? ;D
WWDDD?

Sibling DavidH

Roly, I know which shop you mean.  Years ago my daughter lived just up the bank, not far from the Golden Ball.  If you hung rather dangerously out of one window, you could see the Iron Bridge.  They still live nearby so we're often in Ironbridge.

Roland Deschain

Quote from: Aggie on August 13, 2012, 07:15:03 PM
Slightly more invigorating than Thai Stick tea? ;D
Considering the effects of that particular 'erb, i'd say that the tea is more invigorating, although a lot less interesting. ;)

Not sure where the Golden Ball is, David, as i've only ever been with family when there, and you know what that's like when they set the agenda. ;) Saying that, i've been to Ironbridge several times. Seeing as my dad's family all originate from Oakengates and its environs, it's not surprising. Was never taken to the Wrekin, though. I wonder why? ;D
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers