News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The BBQ Thread

Started by Aggie, August 13, 2011, 08:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aggie

All things grilling and smoking here....

Today I'm going to roast/smoke a leg of lamb; I've not tried lamb on the smoker yet.  I started with a meyer-lemon-salt and cracked black pepper rub, then bagged it with a marinade made of a little wine, LOTS of rosemary, garlic, onion, jaggery, etc. It's been marinading for a couple of days.

I've started it on the charcoal smoker for flavour, will let it go until the first batch of charcoal burns down, and then transfer to the gas smoker (better for 'set it and forget it') to finish the roasting.  I tried using some large chunks of apple, yellow cedar and alder wood in with the charcoal during the prep, letting them burn down before putting the meat on; the idea is to get a bit more of a wood-fire flavour in the base charcoal blend.  I will be smoking with about 60%+ apple, ~40% alder and a little pinch of cedar (gotta go light on this one, as it's not a good wood for primary smoking; I had good results last night with an alder/cedar blend for a hot-smoked salmon).  I might try a sprig or two of rosemary in the smoker box near the end.

I'm tempted to brush on a little honey-based glaze near the end of cooking - still mulling that one over.
WWDDD?

stellinacadente

I am in the process of slow roasting my beach clothes over an undersized but deep suitcase to take off to Cleearwater and Orlando tomorrow...

does that count??? :D

(too freaking hot for BBQ here)
"Pressure... changes everything pressure. Some people you squeeze them, they focus... others fall..."

Al Pacino, The Devil's Advocate

Aggie

Too hot to cook indoors here! ;D
WWDDD?