News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Seasons In A Bottle [flavoured spirits ]

Started by Darlica, March 28, 2008, 08:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Meromorph

Quote from: Darlica on March 29, 2008, 09:59:00 PM
Capsicain?

:ROFL:

Vodka, pinon nuts, a couple of leaves of peppemint, and a touch of Sandalwood?
Dances with Motorcycles.

Aggie

Quote from: Lindorm on March 29, 2008, 09:41:27 PMAnd how on earth would you get a drink to taste somewhat electrically? I don't think mixing in battery acid is the right method... :tequila:

Ozone, but that'd wreak hell (oxidatively) with everything else.

Was thinking on the snow 'smell' - I've got the same taste (only bitter) from caffeine purified by sublimation.  There was a bit of burnt material from the pill-fillers that may have contributed to the taste - I haven't got the same result when purifying based on solubilities, I'm sure it was from the burnt material.
WWDDD?

Opsa

Hey-o!

Last weekend we went to a local winery (the kids were students in my summer theater workshops) and tried a preview of their not-yet-released maple port. Okay, I'll admit I'm a maple maniac, I LOVE the flavor of real maple syrup and maple sugar candy. It's in my northerner roots, I guess. This stuff was fabulous! It was a dessert style wine, and I prefer dry wines, but the maple port (flavored with Vermont maple syrup)was enchanting. The color was amber, the taste was like brandy. Really lovely. We went so nuts about it that they sold us an unlabeled bottle and we ordered three more for the fall release. (Our excuse is that we mean to give them away as holiday gifts. Well, not all of them!)

Aggie

I'm growing what looks like it might be a considerable crop of sugar pumpkins, and have been mulling on making pumpkin wine this fall.

This thread has me thinking also about maybe a pumpkin liqueur.  Something with a bit of cream and spices, that tastes like pumpkin pie?  One could roast the pumpkin first.
WWDDD?

The Meromorph

Still trying for the 'WinterHeart':

Paper Vodka, infused with Gorse Needles and a hint of lemon?
Dances with Motorcycles.

Aggie

Hmm, I'm partial to pine-flavoured beverages for the winter season; start with some pine tips and add...?  Needs something spicy.  I've been meaning to try flavouring rum with Ponderosa pine bark.
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

A guy in Berlin established a quite successful company for pine needle soda
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Aggie

I have several cans of (Korean) Pine Bud Drink around the house at the moment.  It's delightful on its own, but a great mixer with gin, too.
WWDDD?

Opsa

Pine sounds like it would go great with gin.

I think I've had pumpkin cider before, but I'd definitely try pumpkin wine. Maybe a mead approach would work?

pieces o nine

For those siblings seeking a boozeahol sensation wherein a moderate serving delivers an immoderate smile, I humbly suggest UV Chocolate Cake Vodka.   
:toast:

O
M
G

If one poured a soupçon upon one's vanilla icecream, that icecream would get up out of its bowl and cry, Спасибо товарищ!   
:toasty:

If one blended ... oh, I don't know, let's say ... two parts UV Choc Cake with one part Kahlua ... let's say, and frappéd it with frozen raspberries, then one might have a dessert drink to end all dessert drinks. I'm just saying.   
:toasted:
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Opsa

Holy carp.  ;D Have you yet committed this blessed sin?  ;)

Aggie

What about soaking it into a chocolate cake? ;D
WWDDD?

pieces o nine

^ One cannot believe  that this excellent suggestion had not yet occurred to one!   ;)
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677