News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

How to solve climate change

Started by Griffin NoName, October 18, 2006, 03:08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

Another (serious idea) for the cattle methane is to feed them pills that reduce the methane production (anti-flatulence/burp).
There was also a proposal to tap the methane right at the source.
CH4 is about 20 times more potent than CO2 but burning CH4 produces only 1 molecule of CO2 (and 2 H2O) therefore burning methane is a net improvement.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Black Bart

For how to solve Climate Change - See my posting for Chuck Norris!
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

Griffin NoName

Cross-threading from Daylight Savings
Quote from: goat starer on October 31, 2006, 05:46:42 PM
Why can we not put a vast reflector in space and have sunlight all the time.

And a vast reflector on earth would tie daylight savings in nicely with global cooling.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Awake the great sun dragon that will put his black wings in front of the sun and stop its rays coming here. Hot air from radio/TV/congress/etc. will be sufficient to bring us through the ice age.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Swatopluk on October 31, 2006, 12:54:31 PM
Another (serious idea) for the cattle methane is to feed them pills that reduce the methane production (anti-flatulence/burp).
There was also a proposal to tap the methane right at the source.
CH4 is about 20 times more potent than CO2 but burning CH4 produces only 1 molecule of CO2 (and 2 H2O) therefore burning methane is a net improvement.

I can see it now:  cows wandering about, with a metal contraption affixed to their neither-ends, merrily spinning and popping with occasional puffs of steam.  There would be an antenna-sort of thing, that would beam the power to nearby receivers, via microwaves....

(been reading too much of a comic entitled Girl Genius, which is a delightful mix of Victorian England, science fiction, mad science and Gothic horror.  Link to Girl Genius )
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Swatopluk

The methane collector gear is probably only suitable for stable based cattle (that'd be just one more step of exploitation of animal misery).
Teaching the cows to poop and burp only into receivers installed on the pasture is unfortunately not an option. Bovines are simply too dense for that.

Griffin NoName

Have warmer winters so less heating is needed.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

ivor

It'll be cozy until the Haline Conveyor stops.  I love the fruit loops that say the currents are caused by the spin of the Earth.

MB

Bluenose

Build a giant laser to beam all that excess energy off into space.
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Black Bart

Hollow the world out so that the excess water from the melting polar ice caps can drain into the centre of the earth. 

That needs a diagram...I'll work on it.
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

Swatopluk

Drat! Again my post was eaten.

Use some of those excess nukes to battle global warming with nukkular winter.

Mad scientist/politician alert: This is a real-world idea that Bush hopefully hasn't heard about yet or he will justify his nukes-on-Iran folly as a decisive act against both terrorism and climate change.

goat starer

lets just not bother. it is currently december, nica and warm, we are having exciting tornados and everything is lovely! lets have more global warming.

PS. The british hospitality industry have taken the 'make warmer winters' suggestion above seriosly and are doing this by using patio heaters to 'heat the outside' which a) defeats the object as they run on gas and b) is a blinking stupid idea in the first place.
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

beagle

You can thank the smoking ban for that one. It made the outside heater people's year.
The angels have the phone box

Swatopluk

Randomly fire heatseeking missiles. People will be quite qick to reduce their thermal signature (and the solid exhaust of the missiles will create a nice cooling fog as an extra for free).

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

The solution is what in your mother told you:

"Close the darn door!  You're letting all the heat out."