News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Sneaky Devious Pirate Treasure Questions

Started by Aggie, June 03, 2007, 04:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aggie

Lads (& Ladies)....

I be seekin' yer asesti help in devisin' three o the most head-scratchin' brain-meltin' Google-destroyin' questions ever posed.  I think it be best to keep it to REAL historical treasure (am gettin' clarification on fictional treasures).  The answers should be verifiable on the internet, but VERY difficult to find by normal search methods - an obscure googlewhack based on a string of prior searches would be perfect.
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

How about the five fingertips of Cap'n Cronan? (He does exist in real lfe!)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

hMMM... Details?  I assumed he was a fabrication.
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

Quote from: Griffin NoName The Watson of Sherlock on June 03, 2007, 12:55:08 PM
How about the five fingertips of Cap'n Cronan? (He does exist in real lfe!)

Pull the other one, it's got bells on...(?)

Um, can you link me up with some info?  Can't find anything online of use. Which is perfect, but I still need proof.
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

I've lost the plot. What is it you are looking for?
Psychic Hotline Host

Aggie

Real-life info on Cronan.  Though I think we're nearly flush with questions.
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

All I know is, he is too frightening to sign up here. ;)

But The Black Spot knows more. ;D
Psychic Hotline Host

The Black Spot

Here's an awful thing: if you search for

"William Cronan" pirates titanic

you get a googlewhack where Cronan (the real life one) is interviewed about his ancestors. If you read it, you'll understand why Cap'n Cronan is notorious for sinking any ship he sets foot on.

Griffin NoName

I wouldn't advise anyone to read that ;) ;) ;)

(do we have a bad pun smiley?)

What happens if you click the "larger image" at the bottom of the page?
Psychic Hotline Host

Aggie

Quote from: The Black Spot on June 05, 2007, 01:24:14 AM
Here's an awful thing: if you search for

you get a googlewhack where Cronan (the real life one) is interviewed about his ancestors. If you read it, you'll understand why Cap'n Cronan is notorious for sinking any ship he sets foot on.

Oh, dear.... this took me nearly as long as the Polkaroo.  :P
WWDDD?

Black Bart

Quote from: The Black Spot on June 05, 2007, 01:24:14 AM

AAAARRRRGH...I sentence I never hope to read again!!!!!! ;D

I'll have a go at:

"Black Spot pirates open boat"
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

The Black Spot

Also, if you google "chief electrical greaser" you'll get a googlewhack to the Cronan interview.

Mind you, "Chief Electrical Greaser" sounds like an old T.Rex album.

Griffin NoName

What you failed to tell us was that "Chief Electrical Greaser" was preceded by the terrifying concept of Cronan rising up, presumably from the dead and presumably to prey on the souls of seafaring folk. This article is full of hidden messages and dangers.

I had a go at gooogling "pirates open boat" and did not even get a googlewack. I don't believe any of The Black Spot's pirates have ever opened a boat in their short and unpleasant lives.
Psychic Hotline Host

Black Bart

YYYAAARRRRR it be worryin in that Cronan interview, when he be asked about changin the name o the public records orrifice...he be favorin 'The National Archives' ...the blaggards bent on Global Domination I tell ye!!!!
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night