News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

iGoogle - WTF?

Started by Aggie, July 01, 2012, 07:14:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aggie

What happened to the old www.google.com in the US? Hasn't hit Canada... www.google.ca is still normal (blank page, search box, Google title block). Is this a setting that I can de-select, or are we going to be stuck with this?  :P
WWDDD?

Sibling DavidH

I can't see what you mean - every time I hit the first link, it takes me to www.google.co.uk, which is the same as ever.  >:(  Same happens if I type in www.google.com directly.

Swatopluk

Some time ago google.de did not work at all and I had to go for google.co.uk for a few days. I had to do it directly because .com automatically redirected to .de
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Roland Deschain

I'm just redirected to the .co.uk version. I cannot get on google.com at all, although the other country-specific versions work ok, just with English results.
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

iGoogle was implemented some time ago.

But if you dig around, you can find a link to "traditional google"-- exactly where on the iGoogle page depends on which theme you're using.

I mostly leave it (iGoog) up-- as I've stripped out the majority of useless crap from it anywhoo, leaving a newsfeed-- which I sometimes glance at.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Aggie

Ayuh, I have nothing on mine... it's a blank page still, but not as aesthetically pleasing.

I can access both the .com and .ca versions; Little Brother is always encouraged to play with America's things. 
WWDDD?