News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

UK Special PM Countdown

Started by Griffin NoName, June 22, 2007, 12:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

More likely BNP delayed action to show that relying on foreign doctors was going to make the NHS collapse. I could have proved that with no harm to life as three foreign nationals I got allotted couldn't speak enough english for us to understand each other. Oh, except for one exchange: me: are you going to be here for my next appointment? doc: not if I can help it.

Reassuring to know that the NHS checks on foreign national applications for positions as doctor is so thorough "because it involves human life", although this only applies to human life if one is ill. Does this mean that ill people who get blown up are not expected to die?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

beagle

Perhaps blowing things up is the new strategy for MRSA, but it doesn't feel totally consistent with the Hippocratic Oath.  Or maybe waiting lists are so low now they need to drum up trade.

Maybe you should sneak a few questions into the conversation via an interpreter next time you see your doctor:

"Had your holidays yet? Villa in Tuscany or training camp in Pakistan?"

The angels have the phone box

Griffin NoName

Quote from: beagle on July 03, 2007, 05:34:55 PM
Or maybe waiting lists are so low now they need to drum up trade.

You could be onto something there. One of the doctors being held is said to have been planning to go back to country of origin when qualified in the particular specialty he'd come here to study. Perhaps the specialty is treating bomb vicitms.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

beagle

I'd gathered labour's marvelous web recruiting system had totally pissed off junior doctors, but not quite how badly.

Griffin NoName

:ROFL:

The recruitment papers for position of PM appear to have reduced the office to a 5 day working week. Great cut in hours. Maybe that's pissed the doctors off too.
Psychic Hotline Host

beagle

He's from the Treasury. It was probably a seasonally adjusted number based on preliminary figures collected via the Office of National Statistics using revised central government guidelines on counting.

Griffin NoName

Should have smelt a rat when he said he wasn't going to use Chequers at weekends.

At a slight tangent, do they play croquet in Scotland?
Psychic Hotline Host

beagle

Don't think so. Wasn't any in "Trainspotting" as I recall.

Griffin NoName

Alice in Wonderland wasn't set in Scotland either.
Psychic Hotline Host

Pachyderm

Yes, some people play croquet in Scotland.

It is difficult, as the balls tend to run to the bottom of the hill, leaving you with a thousand foot, double handed overhead swing to get back to the next hoop.

And for the sake of stopping all the arguments we have to make sure the Glaswegians play with the yellow ball.
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Griffin NoName

Ah! Indeed. I just found where to play !
Psychic Hotline Host

Pachyderm

The things one learns....

What a wondrous world we live in.

Pity I am moving to Coventry in a month or so...

Griffin NoName

I expect there are things to do in Coventry ;)
Psychic Hotline Host

Pachyderm

Going to be too busy studying for any fun. ::)

Griffin NoName

You could study something fun. Isn't study fun anyway, or why bother?  ;D
Psychic Hotline Host