News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Kinky campaign for governor

Started by beagle, October 01, 2006, 03:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beagle

The following link about Kink Friedman's campaign for Texas governor probably isn't news for Americans. I thought Sibling Chatty might be amused that his fame has spread abroad though.

http://tinyurl.com/qtojd
The angels have the phone box

Sibling Chatty

Da Kinkstah's doin' good!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks! I KNEW mah boy could be great.

He's one of those rare humans that just won't lie to you...makes me wonder how he's gotten this far.
This sig area under construction.

Sibling Chatty

Double-posting to say that he's messing up bigtime.

The man is doing exactly the wrong thing. He's listening to 'advisors' instead of his own head and heart, and he's not clarifying issues, he's parroting himself.

At this point, unless he gets some snap and cuts the manufactured answers junk out...and talks like he's real (not a guy taking advice from a wrestler from Minnesota), he's sunk.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on October 13, 2006, 11:23:52 PM
Double-posting to say that he's messing up bigtime.

The man is doing exactly the wrong thing. He's listening to 'advisers' instead of his own head and heart, and he's not clarifying issues, he's parroting himself.

At this point, unless he gets some snap and cuts the manufactured answers junk out...and talks like he's real (not a guy taking advice from a wrestler from Minnesota), he's sunk.

Sorry to hear that.

If I could have one wish, I might just spend it on eliminating ALL political ad visors.

It is my opinion that Al Gore was killed in 2000 by STUPID advice by STUPID out-of-touch advisers.

This is based on seeing him later, when he wasn't being "handled" -- he was witty, charming, SMART-- an all-around likable sort of guy.  Not AT ALL the stiff manequin he came across on the campaign trail. 

*sigh*
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling Chatty

'Zakly.

The Al Gore that really exists, the one that isn't being manipulated by the party flacks, is a charming, intelligent and thoughtful man, with the possibility of being an excellent leader. But, to try to combat the nastiness of the Attack Repubs, they buried the man and left an image.

Years ago, I was in the room when he was being interviewed. I'm not sure that i've ever seen a person as completely involved in the interview process as he was...and it wasn't for a major publication or about a major issue. He really listened, he asked questions to make sure he was communicating the proper answers to the questions being asked (there were some intentionally odd questions, as it was a member of the Baptist press doing the interview). He did not dissemble, he did not tailor his beliefs to fit the publication.

Unchained from the party hacks that tried to make him into something resembling Bob Dole (and what was up with that??) the genuine person has come out, and he's an obviously confident and capable man. Would that we had been allowed to see that in 2000. The entire world would be a much better, much safer place today.

Poor old Kinky...Jesse Ventura won his way. Da Kinkstah's not a wrestler, and he's not an idiot. Why he's acting like one, I don't know.

His campaign people are no help. They can't even read an e-mail and glean my county's name from it, even though I mentioned it twice. Then, when I got a response saying they'd put me in touch with my County Contact Person, if i'd tell them what country...I told 'em, quoted my e-mail, and reminded them that the reason i'd asked in the first place was because we probably didn't have a county contact person.  The response?? Dead silence. Over a week, dead silence.

In the mean time, the Democrat, Chris Bell, has been making great strides. If somebody can get him the funding for some air time, he can accomplish the task. Gov Goodhair started his attack ads on Chris right after the debates.

At this point, the best thing that Kinky could do would be to throw his support behind Bell. But, it's a sure thing he won't do it...bad advice wins again.