News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Only ONE MORE DAY!!!

Started by Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith, November 07, 2006, 12:53:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

'til we're DONE with stupid STUPID stupid, ignorant POLITICAL ads.

Yaaay!

This calls for a celebration!  (especially, as tomorrow, we all get the bad news* )

* being too cyincal to permit myself to hope that enough dems get in so we can FINALLY start the impeachment process ...
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Vita Curator

Well, my campaigning and activism are about at an end; it all comes down to tomorrow.  Casey is way ahead in the polls, but I am fearing that Dems will see how far ahead in the polls he is and become lackadaisical about getting out to vote.  We still need strong voter turnout. 

Voter turnout in Pennsylvania on a whole in most instances has been dismal and nothing to be proud about.  In the spring primaries more people voted for the American Idol Competition than in the primaries.

So, tomorrow night, I'll be drunk either way.  Either in celebration or in despair.

Tomorrow, we have the chance of returning to a system of checks and balances, to no longer "stay the course" and change this country's direction, let us hope it happens.
Unity is Strength. Knowledge is Power. Attitude is Everything.

Quote from: Vita Curator on November 07, 2006, 02:14:11 AM
Tomorrow, we have the chance of returning to a system of checks and balances, to no longer "stay the course" and change this country's direction, let us hope it happens.

*rumble-rumble*, Vita, *rumble-rumble*

The Meromorph

This is the day we find out if we still have a Democracy.
Or if Diebold has stolen it.

If the latter, I fear it may all be over.
Dances with Motorcycles.

Vita Curator

Hi all, I am off today, so you will see my ugly mug here in and out today.  I am leaving soon as I volunteer at the polls, but I want to touch base with everyone in the US about voting.

Please request a paper ballot today.  Rampant electronic voting problems already are being reported in my state due to "a software program glitch" as well as "human error".

You have the right to vote on paper, demand it. I am pretty sure that all places have emergency paper ballots on hand; they have emergency paper ballots as well as the provisional green ballots. And do not let them tell you that you have to come back, that is against the law, you have the right to vote on a paper ballot.

NBC News and Common Cause are ready to assist any voter with a problem with the electronic machines today.

Call:

1-866-MY-VOTE     or

1-866-698-6831

Beware though; Common Cause is already reporting that the call volume is extremely heavy.
Unity is Strength. Knowledge is Power. Attitude is Everything.

Swatopluk

Voting machines run into trouble from start in, Tadaaaaaah: Ohio, Florida, Indiana.
What, me, surprised?

It's going to be a long day or seven.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Chatty

Off to poll watch.

Our area uses E-Slate. As simple as possible, lacking only a paper trail.

NOT DIEBOLD.

Funny side effect of Diebold's voting machines. My banker has told me that ATM use has dropped almost 30% since the Diebold reports have started. (If they'll screw you on the vote, they'll screw with your money as well, even to tampering with the paper trail.)

Banks are looking at replacing Diebold ATMs.
This sig area under construction.

DISCO GODZILLAJESUSZ

Gee willikers folks! The ads around my parts are getting pretty nasty.

Also I've seen people doing local campaigns ON YOUTUBE. That's going a bit far eh?
Red makes me stand out more.

Voted at noon, today.  Oklahoma is still using their paper-electronic machines, at least in Tulsa county.  These are pretty cool:  there is a paper ballot, with the various candidates' names listed.  By each name is a "broken arrow".  That is, there is an arrow-head and an arrow-tail (fletching?)  To vote for a given politico, all you got to do is connect the head-and-tail for a full arrow WHICH POINTS TO THE IDIOT YOU WANT.  (Or it points to either "YES" or "NO" for state questions.)

An astute observer will note that the arrows are ALL LINED UP in neat columns.  The words may not be, but the arrows are.

Thus, a optical scanner can easily tell which arrows are connected and which are broken - slick.

AND, the paper ballot is retained and a human may easily read the votes, too.

Ever since we've had this system in place, NO HAND RECOUNT has EVER disagreed with the electronic count.

Yet, we get our results within a few hours (if not sooner) of the poll-closing.

But, I hear that they are going to replace these perfectly serviceable machines with ones based on Windows.

Can you say:  "Reboot your voting machine, in order to cast your ballot.  Not all ballots are saved, if you reboot improperly.  And beware of ballot-flipping viruses.  Also, beware of ballot sniffing spyware ..."

If you really, REALLY, really like Windows, you'll LOVE the new machines ...! :censored:

Griffin NoName

Perhaps Windows is in a quantum state?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Opsa

I requested paper here in the commonwealth of Virginia where we're STILL on edge about who won. I am amazed at how close it is, but am aware that both sides must be fighting like mad to tilt that last percent.

EEEEEK!

According to NPR, over here, the republipuke conceeds to the Democrat.

This gives the Democrats control of BOTH HOUSES.

Wooo Hoo!  Time to CELEBRATE!

I cannot begin to say how HAPPY I am to be proved wrong about the LieBold Vote-Flippertm 2000 machines.

I heard on CNN just the other day, that due to the immense cart-load of problems voters have been having with DieBold's junk, that ATM use has dropped dramatically, and the sale of DieBold ATM's is decreasing, too.

It seems that the object-lesson of Stanford on how easy it was to hack one of these was not lost on the general public.  If a vote machine can be hacked, why not a banking automatic teller?

But, today, I celebrate!

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Aphos

Happy Dance!  Happy Dance!  Dance the Happy Dance!!!

:taz: :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz:

And best of all, as far as I am concerned, is no more telephone polls.  Yeah!!!
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Sibling Chatty

Quote from: Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith on November 10, 2006, 12:01:55 AM

I heard on CNN just the other day, that due to the immense cart-load of problems voters have been having with DieBold's junk, that ATM use has dropped dramatically, and the sale of DieBold ATM's is decreasing, too.

It seems that the object-lesson of Stanford on how easy it was to hack one of these was not lost on the general public.  If a vote machine can be hacked, why not a banking automatic teller?

But, today, I celebrate!

I've stopped using ATMs and will be contacting my bank to request that they discontinue use of Diebold equipment, as I cannot use their ATMs. I can't trust them with my vote if they can't provide a paper trail, so i'd assume they're just as incompetent at ATMs.

There's been comment that their international business is WAY down. I'd say they've shot themselves in the foot, and better get after redoing the voting machines (at their cost) to provide a papertrail/veifying print-out/something.

Or they can go broke, and let somebody with a conscience buy them out for pennies on the dollar.
This sig area under construction.

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on November 10, 2006, 07:24:41 AM
Or they can go broke, and let somebody with a conscience buy them out for pennies on the dollar.

Once again, criminals fail to get real justice.

But, stupidity will eventually reap it's own reward, and without mercy, trial or probation. 

However, I'm still celebratin' <hic>

More fireworks, DD!  Yaaay!

Opsa

I am absoutely stunned that Virginia voted in Webb. My liberal vote is usually beaten into the ground around here.

WOOOT!!!!!!

It's almost scary, having idealism again!
:o