News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

New Political Party

Started by Carl Ne the Shoeman, November 30, 2006, 10:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl Ne the Shoeman

Lets start one. The old ones are too far opposed to do anything right. No one wants to listen to each other so why not have a political party that serves the best interests of all people?

For fun we can have a red, white, and blue Eagle as our symbol.

What do you guys say?

Me I've always wanted to see a party that A) Isn't ruled by one religion or another B)will pay attention to the enviroment C)Is not going to infringe on the second amendment.

Just a thought.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Carl Ne the Shoeman on November 30, 2006, 10:27:40 PM

Me I've always wanted to see a party that A) Isn't ruled by one religion or another B)will pay attention to the enviroment C)Is not going to infringe on the second amendment.

Just a thought.

I LIKE it so far!

I would add:  D) does not infringe upon individual rights and liberties. (But please feel free to infringe on any MegaCorporation you choose...  ::) )
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling Chatty

So far, the TTBO party would work for you guys.

I'd go for a red white and blue Toadfish, though. Eagles are so overdone...

(TTBO, Throw The Bastards Out. My Grandfather's party. And mine.)

This sig area under construction.

goat starer

Is the second amendment the one about bearing arms? I will support that one when sombody recognises that the appropriate level of arms to carry (in a well regulated fashion) in the modern word so as to preserve the 'security of the free state' is a banana on a stick.

http://www.windsofchange.net/archives/002607.php

Sergeant: We haven't done them, have we? Right. Bananas! How to defend yourself against a man armed with a banana! Now you, come at me with this banana. (to Mr. Harrison) Catch! Now, it's quite simple to defend yourself against a man armed with a banana. First of all you force him to drop the banana; then, second, you eat the banana, thus disarming him. You have now rendered him 'elpless.

3rd Man: Suppose he's got a bunch?

Sergeant: Shut up.

----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Quote from: goat starer on December 01, 2006, 10:01:03 AM
Is the second amendment the one about bearing arms? I will support that one when sombody recognises that the appropriate level of arms to carry (in a well regulated fashion) in the modern word so as to preserve the 'security of the free state' is a banana on a stick.

http://www.windsofchange.net/archives/002607.php

Sergeant: We haven't done them, have we? Right. Bananas! How to defend yourself against a man armed with a banana! Now you, come at me with this banana. (to Mr. Harrison) Catch! Now, it's quite simple to defend yourself against a man armed with a banana. First of all you force him to drop the banana; then, second, you eat the banana, thus disarming him. You have now rendered him 'elpless.

3rd Man: Suppose he's got a bunch?

Sergeant: Shut up.

But what about a point-ed stick?

goat starer

Pointed stick?  Oh, oh, oh. We want to learn how to defend ourselves against pointed sticks, do we?  Getting all high and mighty, eh?  Fresh fruit not good enough for you eh?  Well I'll tell you something my lad. When you're walking home tonight and some great homicidal maniac comes after you with a bunch of loganberries, don't come crying to me!

*with apologies to cleese, idle, chapman, palin, jones and gilliam

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

beagle

I think we need two new parties in the UK, don't you Goat? One where Labour used to be and one where the Tories used to be; like the old days, before they all converged to balance precariously on the centre ground.

The modern world is all getting too confusing for my forty-something brain to cope with. Yesterday I was reading the Daily Telegraph Business Section when the "Trendline Russia" supplement fell out, printed on Pravda Street in Moscow. For one terrible moment I thought the revolution had come while I was out shopping, and the Telegraph had fallen without a fight. I do wish parties and countries would choose one ideology and stick with it for at least a century or two. It's very hard to keep up if they chop and change every few decades.

The angels have the phone box

Aggie

Quote from: beagle on December 01, 2006, 07:39:04 PM
I think we need two new parties in the UK, don't you Goat? One where Labour used to be and one where the Tories used to be; like the old days, before they all converged to balance precariously on the centre ground.

Oh, that's brilliant!  Start two allied parties, one on the left and one on the right... with enough overlap to actually get things done in the centre.
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Agujjim on December 01, 2006, 11:13:01 PM
Quote from: beagle on December 01, 2006, 07:39:04 PM

Oh, that's brilliant!  Start two allied parties, one on the left and one on the right... with enough overlap to actually get things done in the centre.

Oh yeh and call it the Liberal or Social Democrat Party.

Then go for revoking the United Kingdom back into its consituent parts.

Everyone happy.

Ah, and maybe bring back the Corn Laws, Window Tax (much better than council tax) and the Poor House (at least the homeless would have somewhere to go). Yes, it's all taking shape in my mind.

You know what's wrong with the world? Progress.  :'(
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Chatty

Ya see, EVERYBODY needs a (victorious) TTBO Party.

Not to RUN things, just to keep a watch out and...TTBO!! I can tolerate politicians I disagree with, as long as they're not abusing the public trust, the public funds, selling their office to the highest bidder or peddling their influence like a hooker on a cocaine high. OH, and not point the 'finger of shame' at someone whilst being just as, if not MORE, shameful (Mark Foley??)

Accept a $75,000 loan from somebody and 10 years later give them a $3 million contract for something that should cost $1.6 million?? TTBO!!

Push through costly and useless legislation to build useless bridges and roads to benefit one or two wealthy people?? TTBO!

It's not what we can DO, it's who we can STOP.

Let the decent humans not shrink from political service because of the number of total kneebiter, foam-at-the-mouth, jerk bastards they'd have to work with--TTBO!!

And keep doing it. If the new guy screws up...he's a prime target, because he SHOULD have known better!! TTBO, You know it's a better choice!
This sig area under construction.

I like it, Chatty!

I have been voting AGAINST for years and years -- it's way much easier than finding someone in the mess that I actually like ...  ::)

goat starer

I am not sure what we need by way of parties. Since walking out of a government conference last week because I could no longer stand the people, lies etc, going to the Tate Modern instead and spending a day on the slides the only thing I am certain of is that we need more slides!

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

beagle

Quote from: NoName on December 02, 2006, 01:43:52 AMYou know what's wrong with the world? Progress.  :'(

A group of us was having a conversation along those lines the other day. Trying to work out whether  "Thatcher's Children" of "greedy entrepreneurs" were better or worse than "Blair's Children" of "Clockwork Orange thugs".  Interestingly it was the twenty-somethings who most reckoned that teenagers (and younger) were totally out of control now. Perhaps grumpy old manhood, like puberty, is starting earlier.
The angels have the phone box

goat starer

I am not sure that the distinction between "Thatcher's Children" of "greedy entrepreneurs" and "Blair's Children" of "Clockwork Orange thugs" is accurate. The greedy entrepreneurs created an environment in which the poor have dropped further and further behind the rich and it is this 'gap' that has created a generation of young thugs. The gap in educational standards, income, health, crime etc can be quite clearly seen growing during the Thatcher era and whilst it continues under Blair all these children seem to me to be Thatchers progeny. (I would argue Blair is the (slightly prodigal) child of Thatcher!)

It was Thatcher who decided there was no working class, giving licence to her governemnent and all that have followed to marginalise the poorest areas of the country and create class apartheit in our cities and thatchers grasping entrepreneurialism that created an environment in which there are only two options, success and failure. It was thatchers idea to sell off council homes that their owners can no longer afford to maintain. We should not be suprised that the legacy of this is failure and thuggery!

From dimantling the assets of the nation to destroying any ability of the poor to use collective action to improve conditions Thatcher created a whole generation of lost adults and children the effects of which are only now being felt. You can blame Blair for not dismantling Thatcherite thinking altogether but I don't think he can be considered a cause.

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

Swatopluk

If with stable ideology it is meant that one knows what a party stands for even when not checking the news every 20 minutes, then I would agree. That does not mean vitrifying or fossilizing, just staying recognizable.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.