News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Coffee Party

Started by Sibling Zono (anon1mat0), March 18, 2010, 02:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I was reading 538 and found about this magnificent movement:
Quote from: CoffeePartyCoffee Party USA aims to reinvigorate the public sphere, drawing from diverse backgrounds and diverse perspectives, with the goal of expanding the influence of the People in America's political arena. We do not require nor adhere to any preexisting ideology.  We encourage deliberation guided by reason amongst the many viewpoints held by our members. We see our diversity as a strength, not a weakness, because we believe that faithful deliberation from multiple vantage points is the best way to achieve the common good.  It is in the responsible and reasonable practice of deliberation that we hope to contribute to society.
About time someone shows that not only the cookies live in this country.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Rachel Maddow (a show I've only just discovered, on MSNBC) had a bit about that the other day.

Ms Medows interviewed one of the co-founders of that, pretty cool.  Maybe on MSNBC's website you can locate the interview.

Okay, I just tried and failed-- they are re-vamping her site on MSNBC's site, and a quickie search did not bring it up-- it was late last week when I saw it.

Okay, I found it:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#35846586
Interview with Annabel Park.

Here's the Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/coffeeparty?ref=search&sid=686733124.489416486..1&v=wall
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Opsa

Sounds pretty taddy to me. Maybe we should give them a link to our site?

pieces o nine

Rachel Maddow was one of KO's subs; I was pleased when she got her own show as I don't have access to Air America. and very seldom miss her broadcasts. She's often referred to as the "nice" one there, as she is just as cut-to-the-chase as KO, but without the bluster and superciliousness that makes him as much a target as a muckraker.
  :)

She also makes a habit of checking with guests as to whether they find the content of an introduction or summary fair and/or accurate. She doesn't knuckle under if someone doesn't like  what she reports, since she can back it up with their own voting records and in-context sound bites. She does present herself as more interested in being accurate than in being blindly partisan, without  trying to pretzel the available information into two 'equally weighted', 'equally valid' positions.

Quote from: Opsanus tau on March 20, 2010, 03:41:15 PM
Sounds pretty taddy to me. Maybe we should give them a link to our site?
Her politics *do* lean to the left, but not in the X!Treme!  sense. That would be enough to turn off some potential readers. OTOH, I tend to think that anyone repulsed by RM would be equally repulsed by everything about the Monastery, regardless of the respective politics of its various members on various topics!
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677