News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Vice-presidential debate....OMG!

Started by stellinacadente, October 03, 2008, 05:22:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pieces o nine

Holey Tax Cuts, M-Bman, you may be right!
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

ivor

Here's my version of the debate.  Biden is Batman and Robin is Palin.

[youtube=425,350]adRSRsAtIZ8[/youtube]

Sibling Chatty

Her voice.

All the charm of Frances McDormand in Fargo, and all the 'bubbliness' of a 16 year old running for cheerleader.

She should be shot just for that.
This sig area under construction.

pieces o nine

I liked your clip, MB.

I see that Batman had his own "Utility Belt" and seemed to recognize and demonstrate competency with all the cool gizmos therein.

I see also that Robin was apparently not entrusted with a utility belt.

I'm sure that doesn't mean anything.  ;D
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"

Swatopluk

Although I downloaded the whole thing in 11 parts from youtube I have as of now just watched the first 10 minutes (and separately ex-candidate Thompson's statement* just before the debate). That Lady is a snake (with apology to all legless reptiles).
The way she talks (apart from the things she says) ring all alarm bells. The content is just parrotting but the voice tells me that she is..eh..not a very nice person (i.e. the type one should not let behind one's back for fear of a dagger).
In the same first 10 minutes Biden did not make the best impression on me either but for completely different reasons. He sounded a bit weary to me ("Why do I have to participate in this while I could do something useful both for the people and the campaign?").
As a general observation about the P/VP candidates this season I'd say that both Obama and Biden are more long distance runners that need some time to take up speed while the Son of Cain and Not-the-other-Palin only do the 100 metres. For the presidency the former is needed while the media only honor the latter. I have listened to several Obama full speeches now. He starts with a lot of ehs and ums, then gathers momentum and has the crowd worshipping at his feet after a few minutes. The other team can only do soundbites or has to use a script (with catastrophic results once the have to go off it for more than a minute).
Get a better debate format and connect them to an improved polygraph (an open magnetic resonance tomograph could do**)
And a last thing: Keep a herd of mavericks backstage that stampede any candidate using the term more than 2 times***.

*that left me with the desire to use the baseball bat (I don't have) either on him or on myself.
**that would also show whether the talking person is actually thinking or just parrotting, I believe
*** http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=2gXmmz0L8Fk
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Aggie

Watching now.   The catch-phrase sure is "the middle class".

You have no lower class down there, or is it just that none of them are eligible to vote?  :puke:

Income tax credit?! (I had heard a bit about FryGuy's health care reforms, but obviously not enough), but how does someone with a low income benefit from an income tax credit for one's health care costs?

(we haz a credit here, but we also get basic health care to start with)

_________

OH, STOP IT.... SHE'S TERRIBLE..... "ENERGY, ENERGY, ENERGY"

-she just said America should just deal with the impacts of climate change, and damn the causes.

-did she just say that North America's largest and most expensive infrastructure product is a $40 billion "clean green natural gas" pipeline?  ARE Y'ALL PAYING TAXES FOR THAT?! 
WWDDD?

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Quote from: Agujjim on October 04, 2008, 05:52:28 PM
Watching now.   The catch-phrase sure is "the middle class".

You have no lower class down there, or is it just that none of them are eligible to vote?  :puke:

Oh yeah, we have a lower class down here, certainly. But there's no point in pandering to them, is there? There's plenty of them (entire cities), but they don't waffle much as far as I know. They're not the swing voters the middle class are.

Blurg. :P

So I was chatting with a friend about this last night, and her dad added in, telling us that she wants to move the American embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. I haven't watched all of the debate yet, so I haven't seen the bit about that, but anybody catch that? He said the American media won't, but did anybody else?
Moving it seems like a bad idea. Very bad. Like, lots of exploding Americans and some constant rebuilding bad.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

pieces o nine

When she threw in that line about the "new" embassy, I had to smack myself in the back of the head to get my eyes to roll back down.

It was just another bone tossed to the "God+Guns" fundiegelical base. 'Cause gosh, you sure as heck *need* a big-spankin-new U-S-of-A embassy right there, front-and-center in Jerusalem, so it's the first thing Jesus sees at the Second Coming, before he destroys all the unsaved in the city. Praise!

: pieces is mortified on behalf of some of her country-men and -women :

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Scriblerus the Philosophe on October 04, 2008, 08:30:33 PM
..........she wants to move the American embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.

Classic case of projective identification. Closer to G-d am I. She'll be claiming women are made in G-d's image next.  :o
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Scriblerus the Philosophe

On that note,
Quote...dictators who hate America and hate what we stand for, with our freedoms, our democracy, our tolerance, our respect for women's rights...
:bwa:
Aww, Sawah Palin, you so funny! You make me laugh when you talk about respecting women's rights. :faint:

I don't think she knows what 'rights' means when in conjunction with 'woman' (what? Rape babies?).

With building the embassy in Jerusalem, what on earth would we gain? I honestly can't see anything that we could gain out of such a paper tiger move.

Looks like Biden did a good job of pointing out how the McCheney-Moose ticket would be going back on what even the Bush administration has figured out doesn't work, though.

QuotePalin:...The surge principles, not the exact strategy, but the surge principles that have worked in Iraq need to be implemented in Afghanistan, also. And that, perhaps, would be a difference with the Bush administration.
And where are those troops going to come from? That whole section about Afghanistan (I have no idea what time in the debate that would be; I gave up and am reading a transcript) is just lies and ignorance.
She sounds like she's running out of whatever they prepped her with the entire time. Running on the very edge of her tether, as it were.

QuoteI'm thankful the Constitution would allow a bit more authority given to the vice president if that vice president so chose to exert it in working with the Senate and making sure that we are supportive of the president's policies...
Does that make anybody else nervous? I don't know if she can threaten people into line like Cheney can, but none the less.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Swatopluk

Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

Well, that's really black and white   :smackwrist-smilie:
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

I liked it very much.

Of course, it seemed a bit too complicated for her to actually follow.

Griffin NoName

I just heard her commenting about Obama consorting with terrorists. no comment from me - just trying to inflame this debate :mrgreen:
Psychic Hotline Host

Darlica

I read that too, and the story behind it...
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

ouch!

I'm not denying we have idiots in the parliament and as leaders for our political parties over here but at least our politician's doesn't have the same amount of power over the rest of the world as the president of USA and his court...

Bush was really bad, Mc Pain and Palin might actually be worse, I'm getting more and more scared for every day.  :(

"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous