News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Can Obama win?

Started by Bluenose, June 05, 2008, 06:14:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivor

Ahmenijhad is begging to get bombed.  Why is he doing that?  I wonder if he has something up his sleeve.

I'm thinking Bush will attack Iran toward the end of his term to spare McW from doing it.  It's a huge gamble to attack Iran.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Reasons to beg a bombing:
- Because the security council will never vote for an intervention.
- Because the world would scream in terror and hate the empire more if Israel and/or the US attack.
- Because he knows that the US is over commited right now.
- Because it is all to easy to attack Irak both from the inside and the outside.
- But the best reason: because the guy is crazy.

Reasons not to beg for a bombing:
Because here they're crazy too!
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Back when Edwards dropped out of the race, I looked carefully at the rest of the pack.

I concluded that the Hill-dog could not be elected in a national, simply because she brings too much baggage along.  She's too divisive to be electable, IMO.

Various reasons why the others would not fare against a Repubnik...

...which pretty much left Obama as the "least offensive possible candidate". 

Sad, but true-- that was my conclusion back then.

Now?  My personal opinion of Obama has gone from indifferent to .... I kinda like him, and I certainly respect the heck outa his integrity.

For a politician, you can't do better'n that.

The latest thing about refusing PAC money only clinches my respect for the guy.

And...that he's an elite?  That's just icing on the cake, for me.

I WANT an elite running my country!   I WANT someone who's capable, uber-smart, top-of-the-top to be presnit.

We've seen what a sub-90 IQ, beer-guzzeling, cocaine-addict is worth, as presnit.   A C-minus type.   A "good ole boy".

You know..... a moron.  (to mis-quote Blazing Saddles )

It's time for some basic competency.

I would've voted for the 2000 McCain.  I liked and respected that McCain.   I'm not certain when he was switched for a Pod-Person, but clearly it happened between 2000 and Now.

I strongly suspect that he's just a robot-Spock as in Spock's Brain.... somewhere or other, they removed his integrity, and replaced it with a "win at all costs--no matter what" module.

I wonder if Cheney will be the running mate for McW?  I could easily see it.... Cheney won't give up his seat-of-power easily or gracefully.   If Cheney is not the VP, I predict he WILL be in a Cabinet seat, should McW win.

(Ever notice, that when Bush speaks, and on rare occasions when he opens his mouth wider than a slit, you can see what appear to be fingers at the back of his throat?  Those fingers belong to Cheny..... )

[begin:  :soapbox: ]

The other day, someone asked me who I was voting for, in November.

I replied:  I'm voting AGAINST the Republicans.  Against.

'What,' they they asked, 'You're voting for Obama?'

No.  I'm voting AGAINST the Republicans.

Let me put it this way, I said:

If my some miracle, Jesus Christ himself came back from heaven, and announced he was running as the Republican Candidate-- usurping McCain's prerogative....

And, if, in response, Satan clawed up from Hell, and announced that HE was running as the Democratic Candidate-- usurping Obama's niche....

.... I would vote AGAINST the Republicans. 

Even if it meant casting a ballot for Satan, the Ruler of Hell itself.

Why? 

Because of the last 20 years under the Republicans.  Starting with Sell-out Reagon, and continuing (with an all-too-brief hiatus under Clinton) right up through W.

And especially the last 8 years of W.

They [the Republican leadership] need a STERN message:  NEVER AGAIN!

[end:  :soapbox: ]
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Swatopluk

I guess even the GOPistas consider Lord Chain-Eye too much for the electorate to bear once more, even with the Son of Cain in the top spot. Even those dead enders and death eaters would have to think about two people on the ticket with a certain nonnegligible probability of dying in office of natural causes because that would hand the WH to the Demonrats by way of constitutional succession. A young and healthy rabid dog with low name recognition* is more likely. There has been serious speculation that Mike Huckabee could be the one.
I have certain doubts that Lord Chain-Eye will be content with a cabinet post. A return to the trough to cash in would be it (or an extensive trip to Paraguay maybe, if BHO wins officially**)

*I mean somebody whose rabies is not yet known to a majority
**i.e. the Diebolding having failed
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Chatty

Only the Evangelical lunatic fringe (not even the majority of Evangelicals) would support Huckabee.

Won't be Romney, either. The Rethugs will accept Mormons, they're just not ready for one too high up.
This sig area under construction.

Alpaca

I believe Charlie Crist attended McCain's BBQ. He'd be good - his name's only one letter away from Christ! He's apparently really popular in Florida (I haven't noticed...), though, and really, what else can you hope for from a vice-presidential candidate?
There is a pleasure sure to being mad
That only madmen know.
--John Dryden

beagle

The Torygraph here reckons some bloke called Jindal is a contender.
The angels have the phone box

Sibling Chatty

The cynic in me says Lieberman's about to pull a Cheney. "Assist" in the search and find himself...
This sig area under construction.

Swatopluk

An ex-Hindu and now-papist with a foreign sounding name? Say goodbye to the fundie vote!
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

ivor

Quote from: Alpaca on June 09, 2008, 03:52:36 AM
I believe Charlie Crist attended McCain's BBQ. He'd be good - his name's only one letter away from Christ! He's apparently really popular in Florida (I haven't noticed...), though, and really, what else can you hope for from a vice-presidential candidate?

Crist isn't so popular.  He hasn't reduced property taxes or home owners insurance premiums significantly like he said he would.  He managed to cut school budgets though.

Crist also has problems with a persistent rumor of homosexuality.  Not a problem for me, just interesting how the Republicans can be so hypocritical.  How the Republicans spin that?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: MentalBlock996 on June 09, 2008, 10:09:49 AM
Quote from: Alpaca on June 09, 2008, 03:52:36 AM
Crist isn't so popular.  He hasn't reduced property taxes or home owners insurance premiums significantly like he said he would.  He managed to cut school budgets though.
Oh, but almost everybody ate the tale of the property tax reform and voted like idiots to help the guys with more than one property* (!) and cut funding to their own schools, police and fire departments**.

Nevertheless I have to say that Christ could be worse.

* a ballot for a property tax reformed passed the day of the so-called pointless primary. It didn't reduce my taxes, and (clear red flag) the guys with multimillion dollar properties were in favor of it.  :brainbleech:

** there is a valid argument that the cities took the boom irresponsibly and brought the whole thing on themselves, but as usual services go before bureaucracy.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Alpaca

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on June 09, 2008, 04:53:39 PM
Oh, but almost everybody ate the tale of the property tax reform and voted like idiots to help the guys with more than one property* (!) and cut funding to their own schools, police and fire departments**.

Part of the problem is that nobody understood it. Talking to even the most politically sane people I know, most were planning to vote for it on the basis of "Oh, I'll be paying less property tax - good thing!" without considering the consequences. It was pitched to the voters as "fixing" an outdated taxation scheme, and most people fell for it.
There is a pleasure sure to being mad
That only madmen know.
--John Dryden