News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Cameron's first 10 days (U.K. interest)

Started by beagle, May 06, 2008, 09:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beagle

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on May 10, 2008, 05:03:30 AM
That would work.

Something similar was done in Operation Manna in WWII, but with the acquiescence of the controlling power, and the Netherlands' infrastructure intact.

Quote from: anthrobabe on May 10, 2008, 04:43:39 PM
would you include bbq sauce in your food drops?

Actually that might work. Often emergency food aid tastes awful and in the past things like Paprika have been added to it to make it palatable to local taste.

The angels have the phone box

Sibling Chatty

Tabasco.

A little or a lot, depending on how much the individual needs.

Most US Army MRE's come with a little bottle of Tabasco. It makes the difference between inedible and marginally edible, according to the Army guys I know.
This sig area under construction.

Griffin NoName

Uk food drops would depend on class. Upper - tartar, middle - tomato, lower - brown.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

beagle

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on May 11, 2008, 01:10:32 AM
Tabasco.

A little or a lot, depending on how much the individual needs.

Everything I cook is marinaded, soused and doused in Worcestershire sauce.

Strangely, everything I eat reminds me of fermented anchovy, but this is always an improvement on what it woud otherwise remind me of.

pieces o nine

Quote from: beagle
Strangely, everything I eat reminds me of fermented anchovy, but this is always an improvement on what it woud otherwise remind me of.
Sibs, Romans, countryfish, lend me your garum. I came here to marinate this Ceasar, not to braise it.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Black Bart

This thread is far too clever for the loiks of me...I'm orf out of it back to the Pirate bit!
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

Aggie

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on May 10, 2008, 05:03:30 AM
That would work.

An artist friend once did a caricature of me as QOW, EOU. I had a cat o' nine tails for a scepter, a tiara with removable poison darts, and a pair of steel-toed Doc Martens with flames on them. And minions, lots of minions... :axe: :mua:

Are you actually Jennie Breeden?  :o
WWDDD?

Sibling Chatty

No, although we share an affinity for dyslexia and flaming Docs. ;)

I'm a few decades older...

Aggie

I still would not be surprised if you had a leafblower for kilt huntin'.  ;)

I keep a beat-up old pair of Docs around, mostly for going to the punk rock show

(especially NOFX:
Quote from: NOFXOrthopedic, Dr. Martins good for
Waffle making, kicking through the shin
Reputation, gained through intimidation
Pacifism no longer tradition

Cause hey we're the Brews
Sporting anti-swastika tattoos
Oi Oi we're the Brews
The fairfax ghetto boys skinhead Hebrews
).   :mrgreen:

No flames on 'em, though.
WWDDD?

Sibling Chatty

I probably still have the paint around...

Long before they made Docs with flames, there were those who painted their own...

Leafblower is too heavy to carry anymore. I HATE gettin' weak and old. :mrgreen:

beagle

Quote from: Black Bart on May 12, 2008, 02:27:50 PM
This thread is far too clever for the loiks of me...I'm orf out of it back to the Pirate bit!

Do the same as the rest of us ; pay college students to write the answers for you.

Black Bart

Quote from: beagle on May 13, 2008, 07:04:53 AM
Quote from: Black Bart on May 12, 2008, 02:27:50 PM

Do the same as the rest of us ; pay college students to write the answers for you.

A good suggestion...except I pass the college students on my way to work in the morning...I'd be very surprised if they can write an X!

Perhaps they are cleverer than they look.

PS Me and Spot were laughing at some of your old posts on Verganza...Pirates and Equal opportunities...Lol (Yes, even I have succumed to using the nerd speak of the internet).
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

beagle

Arrgggggh! Happy days, before Capn Bob started drinking the salt water and staying out in the sun too long.

How is Spot? I still reckon that was Elvis I met in that East Grinstead Burger King.

Quote from: Black Bart
A good suggestion...except I pass the college students on my way to work in the morning...I'd be very surprised if they can write an X!

I don't think you have to be able to write X'es any more.  It's all continuous assessment these days.  The teacher writes the X for you so that Ofsted doesn't make them stand in the corner.

Quote from: Black Bart
Perhaps they are cleverer than they look.

Hard to tell.  Even the Foreign Secretaries don't look old enough to be in long trousers.  They can all work an iPod, which is one up on me; I still can't find where the CD goes.

Griffin NoName

Even the TV News has got too hard for me to understand.

Gordon Darling has borrowed 2.3 billion to give £600 to everyone to compensate for the loss of 10p thus reducing the 104,000 people who lost half their wages to a mere 102,000 people who will still lose their wages, presumably only bringing relief to 2,000 people which also presumably means 102,000 people are not included in the subset of "everyone".

Or something like that.

I usually understand sums but my iPod wasn't up to this one.

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

beagle

Think of it as a desperate attempt to be seen to be doing something before Crewe and Nantwich.

Today's poser:

Does not taking as much money as you planned from the poor just before a by-election count as bribe under electoral rules? Does GB care as long as he can salvage the "safe" seat from being a bye-election?