News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Google Analytics Added

Started by Alpaca, August 16, 2007, 03:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alpaca

In order to let us better see what sort of hits the server is getting, plus all sorts of other really awesome statistics (we promise to post some once they come in!), we've added Google Analytics to the site.

What does this mean for you? For most Siblings, it means you can continue using the site as if nothing had changed, and look forward to whatever interesting data we get.

For you paranoid techie-type Siblings who block Javascript, could you please, please allow Google Analytics' scripts? It would really help us out!
There is a pleasure sure to being mad
That only madmen know.
--John Dryden

goat starer

will you be posting analyses for us to look at? can we have graphs!!!!

and a pie chart!

and some pie!

with cream!!!!!!

and some more exclamation marks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mrgreen:
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Alpaca

Alrighty, then.

Here's a particularly nifty one. (Attached.)

Please note that this data only comes from a little bit over one day of statistics gathered.
That only madmen know.
--John Dryden

Swatopluk

I already wondered why this google analytics showed up in the loading bar. I almost feared an infection.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Alpaca

Quite right, Swato. It is an infection. But when The Google finally does take over the world, we wanna be on their good side. :mrgreen:
That only madmen know.
--John Dryden

Swatopluk

Extra: Brain slugs all the rage!
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

The loading bar? I can't see that. In fact I don't see google analytics anywhere.

Am I uninfected?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Alpaca

You may just be a carrier, Griffin.
That only madmen know.
--John Dryden

Griffin NoName

I wouldn't rely on my firewall protecting anyone from me infecting them.

Do I need to issue a non-personal-liability notice?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Alpaca

I think that might conflict with the SMF license. :-\
That only madmen know.
--John Dryden

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Chatty

Quote from: goat starer on August 17, 2007, 11:21:05 AM

and some pie!

with cream!!!!!!

and some more exclamation marks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mrgreen:

PIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like pie.
This sig area under construction.

goat starer

me too! the lack of a pie chart VEXES ME!

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

goat starer

Quote from: Alpaca on August 17, 2007, 03:47:32 PM
Alrighty, then.

Here's a particularly nifty one. (Attached.)

Please note that this data only comes from a little bit over one day of statistics gathered.

checked it out.... we need more africans and asians. we are terrible centred on the developed nations.... and the United States of America  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

Alpaca

Terribly boring pie charts right now. After the next round of statistics-gathering, I'll post one, since it should've diversified itself by then.

Dee Dee: Pie is all well and good, but what about CAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?
That only madmen know.
--John Dryden

Sibling Chatty

Just had CAKE!!

Chocolate cake, chocolate icing!!

Now, all I need is some Depp...and rum. Why is the rum gone?

Aggie

Quote from: goat starer on August 18, 2007, 04:28:09 AM
checked it out.... we need more africans and asians. we are terrible centred on the developed nations.... and the United States of America

Maybe I should drop promotional material in Korea.  They all drink like Kiyo, though.... ;)
WWDDD?

Alpaca

That only madmen know.
--John Dryden

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Why is everybody pointing the finger at me, when the booze is gone?

*kicks empty rum bottle under the bed*

Btw, I don't see any google thingy anywhere either...

I'm back..

Alpaca

Don't worry 'bout it, Kiyo. It's a little embedded bit of javascript that does its thing and unobtrusively goes on its way.

Anyway, since there's been a request for pie, here goes! See attachment
That only madmen know.
--John Dryden

goat starer

Now THAT'S what im talking about!  :mrgreen:

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

That's a blueberry pie, isn't it?

I'm back..

Alpaca

There's a little bit of cranberry and apple thrown in, too.
That only madmen know.
--John Dryden

Sibling Chatty

It is blue.

According to MY theological bent (I am a devout DeeDeeist), all thing blue belong to ME, Dee Dee.

Thus, it is MY pie!!

Thannk you for enjoying MY moment of deep appreciation of MYSELF, and I invite you to participate in the me-ness that is ME, and Speshul!!

( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )

Ok, I can share... :-*

Griffin NoName

Where's my pie?
Is that my pie?
It is blue
It is Chatty's pie
It is not my pie
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Chatty

:mrgreen: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

All your blue are belong to MEEEEEEEEE!!

Alpaca

Can I have the green slice?

Edit: You should've seen the pie a few days ago, Dee Dee. It was ALL blue then.
That only madmen know.
--John Dryden

Griffin NoName

Thanks to Alpaca for realising I have grown a gmail account from the seedling googlemail account I planted years ago.......

Google is truly magical. And now I can see Analytics too.

Analytics is a good toy. I am intrigued by the 857 visitors we have had since we started analytics; average 36 a day. Haven't worked out if this includes bots.

The most colourful chart is the one showing all the different versions of adobe flash that people use :mrgreen:

That may be because despite having flash installed, enabled, permitted, and encouraged, it won't display the maps for me.......... Grrrr. All it will allow me to do is tell google whether to allow my webcam and/or camera to be seen. Er? What?
Psychic Hotline Host

Bluenose

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on August 19, 2007, 01:20:29 AM

Oh.  I guess that means I must be yours too.  OK.  What do you command, mistress?
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Sibling Chatty

Quote from: Bluenose on August 30, 2007, 04:52:01 AM
Quote from: Sibling Chatty on August 19, 2007, 01:20:29 AM

Oh.  I guess that means I must be yours too.  OK.  What do you command, mistress?

You seem to be doing quite well as you are, My Blue One!! Just remember that you're MINE MINE MINE...as long as your wife says it's OK!!

:-* for both of you.

Bluenose

He he he...  That of course is the big advantage of virtual presence.  We can get up to all sorts of mischief.  Exhibit one: Pirates.  :yar:
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Alpaca

Maybe the absolute unique visitor count resets daily? 37 a day would make sense.
That only madmen know.
--John Dryden

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Okay, I'm slow about finding some things out.

I had automatically blocked google-analytics as a matter of course-- it's a well-known 'bringer-of-ads' and I just assumed that it was the service provider that was using it.   I know many do, so that they can reduce the rates of their subscribers (yeah, right...)

But, I was looking for something else, and searched "google" in the titles and found this thread (heretofore unnoticed).

So, since you asked nicely, and you are up-front about your reasons for using the service, I'll un-block it.

I use NoScript add-in for FireFox, and it tells me All Sorts of Interesting Things that go on in the background of web pages.

All sorts of Things.  :)

Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)