News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Now Accepting Donations

Started by ivor, July 22, 2007, 11:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivor

Hi Everybody,

We have a donate button on the home page so that we can help offset the expenses of running the site.  Eventually, we'd like to do more than just run the site, but this is where we are now. Don't feel you must donate to participate, because not everybody has the same ability to spend money. We'd rather have you than your money any day.  Someday, we'll try to be a real, grown-up non-profit, but for now, we just want to have a server that serves!

The donation box is on the right side of the home page.  Donations go to my company InnoStorm Technologies Inc.  InnoStorm Technologies is the company that currently pays to host the monastery website.  Reason being is because there is not yet a monastery entity to donate to. The donated money belongs to the monastery of course.  Feel free to donate as much or as little as you like, or not at all.  It's completely up to you.

If you donate please post the amount here so we can keep track of how much money the monastery has.  If you would like to remain anonymous, please PM Opsa with the amount you donated.

Thanks,
MB

PS.
Thanks Chatty for helping me with putting words together to form sentences.

Bruder Cuzzen

Can we donate through media other than the Net ?

ivor

Yes you can.  PM me for details if you like...

ivor

I have received a $100 donation from someone wishing to remain anonymous.  Thank you very much!

goat starer

given the state of the dollar is that about 13 pence?

:mrgreen:
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

ivor

It was hard earned and much appreciated.  >:(

ivor

Just got another $50 anonymous donation.  Thank you!

Bruder Cuzzen

Hi Sibling Mentalblock , I tried a net money transaction for the first time with much trepidation , I think it went through . Problem is it would only let me give a buck , what gives ? I must have missed something . Humbly BC .

PS. Never mind I figured it out....( blond moment )

PS. Part 2 , Hey Darren , It has occurred to me that if I could give up a vice ( tobacco ) I could send ya a serious donation every now and then . I had the evil weed under control ( actually the women did by nagging :taz:)  but I admit to weakness and am not doing very well with the nicotine . :'(
  I havn't had a constant nagger for a while , is there a daily conformation/humble nagging thread . It might help me if every visit i could find a missive like , i know what you're thinking of ! You want ______ ," well you better stop if you know whats good for you mister !"  Or ," don't you think of drinking and sailing !" or " If you stopped spending your money on that poison you'd be sailing a _______ instead of that dingy" :)

ivor

You should have seen the look on my wife's face when I said I needed two servers.  :taz:

If you want to give thats great!  I think a small donation from everyone that can is enough.  I don't know about giving up drinking though.  :mrgreen: 

I don't really expect the siblings here to pay for the entire cost as I will be putting up most of it.  I'll be running some other sites on those servers as well and hopefully that will help to pay for even better servers.  We just need to break out of the rut were in.  After we get things up and running then we'll set up an online store selling toadfishy merchandise and that will let the monastery stand on its own.  Then we turn the monastery into a non-profit and start doing some real charity type stuff.  That's more of a long term goal.

Aggie

Quote from: goat starer on July 24, 2007, 01:31:16 AM
given the state of the dollar is that about 13 pence?

:mrgreen:

Speaking o' the dollar - I'll pledge $10 for every penny the Canadian dollar goes above parity with the USD (at it's peak), should that happen from now until the end of 2007.   I'll renew this pledge in the new year if we haven't hit parity yet.  Currently 1 CAD = 0.957 USD.

That won't preclude other donations, but might be fun.
WWDDD?

ivor

Thanks Agujjim!

I'd like to thank the anonymous donors of 351 Canadian dollars, 10 GBP and 50 GBP!  Thank you very much!

So far the total is $463.76 US!

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

I wish I could donate...

I've been thinking about it, but then had a look at my bank accounts and realized I couldn't really... I'm in a bad financial situations, and the job I work in at the moment is cutting hours for us part-timers like insane, so it seems it won't get better any soon.

So all I can donate are good thoughts and encouragement... Good luck...

And once again, I'm sorry, I hope that someday, I'll be able to make a big donation...

I'm back..

Aggie

Kiyo, just send in your empty bottles....  Darren can take them for deposit. ;D

Glad to hear we are getting donations - just as glad for good thoughts and encouragements!
WWDDD?

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Quote from: Agujjim on July 24, 2007, 03:41:41 PM
Kiyo, just send in your empty bottles....  Darren can take them for deposit. ;D

Those bottles are paying my rent next month... ;D :mrgreen: ;D

I'm back..

ivor

Kiyo,

It's okay.  Donations aren't required to participate.  I don't want anybody to feel like they have to donate.  That's another reason why I was resistant to even accepting donations.  I wish I could swing it all myself but, I can't.  If people can and are willing to donate that's great.  If you can't or won't that's great too.  Lot's of good people make this place great and you're one of them.  That's enough.