News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Toadfish Radio - Volunteers needed!

Started by Aggie, May 02, 2007, 05:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aggie

Well, Darren would have the actual box, but radio would be a second priority.  It's rather moot until we get a heck of a lot more content, and even then, imeem is not as slick but is widely accessable if shoutcast is going to hamper the website speed.
WWDDD?

Alpaca

Heh - as far as slickness is concerned, I'd vote for imeem. You can make shoutcast slicker than anything else in the world to the end-user (i.e. listener) if you set things up in a cute enough way. From my perspective as a techie, though, the ultimate in slickness is being able to make something work with five minutes of point-and-click. (For the record, you can hypothetically do that with shoutcast, but my personal experience deviates significantly from the hypothetical.)

And yes - if it was to go on the dedicated server, it would have to leave the http interwebs running unhampered, which all depends on available resources and traffic, in the end.

Edit: As far as content is concerned, I can't help right now - I'm afraid piano at this hour would wake the other inhabitants of this house.
There is a pleasure sure to being mad
That only madmen know.
--John Dryden

Aggie

hehe... some other time.  The upshot with imeem is that in theory, all the sibs can have access to it for uploads and edits.  In theory.  That meets your definition of 'slick', I think.
WWDDD?

Alpaca

Most definitely. It gets the job done, does it well, and so unless you find something that you really don't like with it, switching will probably be more painful than not.
There is a pleasure sure to being mad
That only madmen know.
--John Dryden

Aggie

I still need to rehaul all the playlists now that none of the songs actually work.  I'll probably jam what's left into the Last Post playlist.  :P
WWDDD?