News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Toadfish Emergency Contact List

Started by Aggie, April 01, 2007, 07:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aggie

Time to start compiling an email list for the next time the Monastery is inaccessable.  If you'd like to be on the list, please PM any of the Admins/Mods with your preferred email address, and we'll keep an off-site listing so that we can send out a group email the next time something goes 'oops' around here.

We're also putting together a rudimentary offsite refuge so that we don't lose all contact during shutdowns - will update as things progress.

Edit :  Announcement emailed to all. Please ignore this if you have already responded to this thread.  Thanks Griffin
WWDDD?

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Agujjim on April 01, 2007, 07:49:22 PM
Time to start compiling an email list for the next time the Monastery is inaccessable.  If you'd like to be on the list, please PM any of the Admins/Mods with your preferred email address, and we'll keep an off-site listing so that we can send out a group email the next time something goes 'oops' around here.

We're also putting together a rudimentary offsite refuge so that we don't lose all contact during shutdowns - will update as things progress.

Is it simply possible to use the e-mail address that we registered with?  That is, are those addresses available to the admins, to use in such an off-site listing?

It seems to me, to be an easy method to compile such a list.

If you need permission, take this post as my permission to use that e-mail address (it was created specifically for forum contact use).
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Aggie

;D  Busted.  Yes, we can use those emails, but prefer to do so WITH PERMISSION.  The PM option is to pretend we aren't Big Brother, Sister, Uncle or Auntie. ;D

We'll get you on the list.  Anyone else who would like to be on the list can give permission here.
WWDDD?

ivor

Scriblerus the Philosophe

"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Swatopluk

Permission granted (oh, that sounds so condescending :()
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I actually have my email visible. If that isn't enough then yep, sure, right, go ahead, do it, use it, put it on the list...

;)
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Aggie

It's good enough until we crash the place...  then they tend to be a little less accessable.   ;D

Also, some folks don't use a 'main' email addy to register and can be hard to get a hold of via their forum emails.
WWDDD?

goat starer

you may pop mine on your evil capitalist snooping list  ;D
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Aggie

I grabbed the yahoo one... is that the best option?
WWDDD?

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

You already have mine.

Anyway, just put it in the machinery as well.

I'm back..

Griffin NoName

Aggie is just being nice. This is a data protection exercise. You have to opt in.

Then we contact you in an emergency and you have to sort it out ;) ;) ;)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Agujjim on April 03, 2007, 04:53:26 PM
I grabbed the yahoo one... is that the best option?
If you are asking me, yup, that's fine, I watch that account almost daily. I can PM you other account if you like.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

I have re-announced this topic sending emails to everyone using the email address used when registering here.

Please ignore if you have already responded to this thread.

If you have not repsonded to this thread nor PM'd Opsa, Aggie, MB, Griffin, DaveL, Swato or Mero, please let us know if you want to be on the emergency contact list and if so, with your registered email address or a different one.

Thanks Griffin
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

add my registered Email address. now do i have to PM an admin, or am I good?
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one them, it gets up and kills. The poeple it kills get up and kill!

http://qwertysvapourtrail.blogspot.com/

Bluenose

Yep, count me in.  I have PM'd Griffin too, to be sure to be sure.

Bluenose
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Pachyderm

Add the Grey One as well.

PMed Aggie to keep the Data Fairies sweet...
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Alpaca

I'd love to be on any such list. I don't remember what email I registered with, but I'm assuming it's alexoedelman@gmail.com, in which case, please use that email. If I registered with a different email, please use alexoedelman@gmail.com. Which is all a really redundant way of saying the same thing.

The first post of this thread mentions an off-site meeting place, in case of emergency. Has anything been done to this end? If not, I would love to make myself marginally helpful and set up something like this, with permission, of course.
There is a pleasure sure to being mad
That only madmen know.
--John Dryden

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Alpaca on August 03, 2007, 09:59:24 PM
The first post of this thread mentions an off-site meeting place, in case of emergency. Has anything been done to this end? If not, I would love to make myself marginally helpful and set up something like this, with permission, of course.

Yes, if you are on the emergency list you will have been emailed.

otherwise known as The Toadfish Monastery Hermitage - you can register there for emergencies. In fact we've hardly had to use it despite server problems and should need it even less once we get the proposed super MB server.

Nice offer though - you could always set up the emergency site for emergencies with the emergency site !
Psychic Hotline Host

Alpaca

Yet another bulletin board? (Geddit?)
That only madmen know.
--John Dryden

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

Alpaca

More like, YaBBa YaBBa YaBBa. (I think this is going too far.)
That only madmen know.
--John Dryden

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

Griffin NoName

stellinacadente ----- I have added you to the emergency contact list since you turned up at The Hermitage ;)
Psychic Hotline Host

Aphos

"You have OUR permission."

<nods head regally>
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Griffin NoName

Aphos, I have added you to the emergency contact list, but cannot  find you at The Hermitage, either currently or historically, so you will need to register there if you wish to go on retreats. Let me know if you do register, then I can see you are accredited with Toadfish status ;D
Psychic Hotline Host

Griffin NoName

I have been checking the contact list for one or two newcomers and email addi changes.

Anyone else who has changed their email address, let me know.
Psychic Hotline Host

Aggie

I have more...? 

But the old ones still work and forward to the new ones. ;)
WWDDD?

stellinacadente

Please feel free to use my registred email in the Emergency contact list :)
"Pressure... changes everything pressure. Some people you squeeze them, they focus... others fall..."

Al Pacino, The Devil's Advocate

Earthling

Please add me to the heap. Hopefully my email won't be changing any time in the next 20 years or so.
"Heisenberg may have slept here"

Griffin NoName

I have added you to the list Earthling.

Psychic Hotline Host

Black Bart

Mad Willium Bonney alias Brudder Curzen told me to give you the message that he hasn't deserted he is having problems connecting to the Monastery.  The problem had something to do with him being in a library!

Now, exactly what Mad Willium was doing in a library I do not know...perhaps they have books written in Pirate Speak.
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

Aggie

Thank ye Bart....  bin wurried aboot him.  P'raps they be holdin' him for ransum fer not payin' orf his fines?

Or mebbe they  warrn't happy with the job he done bildin the Royal Portsmouth Museum:

Ow Mad Willium talked 'em into belivin he were an arkitekt is beyond me.  :mrgreen:
WWDDD?

ivor

I sent him a password request email.  Don't know if he got it though...

Opsa

Yarrrrgggghhh, thankee MB. I hope he shows up.

Griffin NoName

Bumping This.

Please check your emergency contact email (as in your profile) has not changed - ie. is it still functioning?

Also, anyone not having Opted IN, please consider doing so.

;)
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

Yes. The cellestial stratisphere is about to reverse engineer the barber shop.
Psychic Hotline Host

Darlica

"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Griffin NoName

Darlica - have amended your email in our emergency lists. Thanks.
Psychic Hotline Host

Roland Deschain

The email address on my profile is completely valid, so please consider this my emergency contact. Other than that, Griffin, Qwerty, and Black Bart are able to contact me on Facebook, so let that be a stand-in.
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Griffin NoName

We (grandiose) shall consider that an Opt In.  :taz: :typing:
Psychic Hotline Host

Roland Deschain

"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Bruder Cuzzen

Quote from: Griffin NoName on November 16, 2012, 08:30:46 PM
Bumping This.

Please check your emergency contact email (as in your profile) has not changed - ie. is it still functioning?

Also, anyone not having Opted IN, please consider doing so.

;)

Me please.

Griffin NoName

I have done thy bidding. You are listed.
Psychic Hotline Host