News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Noticed Any Problem with PMs ?

Started by Griffin NoName, March 05, 2007, 07:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

The PM system appears to be misbehaving. But hard to pin down. If anyone thinks they may have been experiencing any problem, please post in this thread.

Symptoms reported so far by two people:

New message indicated in header box while posting, disappeared when posted.
PMs sent but not received.

Thanks
Griffin
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

Quote from: Griffin NoName The Watson of Sherlock on March 05, 2007, 07:31:59 PMNew message indicated in header box while posting, disappeared when posted.

Something like this happens when I follow the link from my email to reply to a PM... it'll show an unread message while I'm posting the response.  Can't recall if it disappears after posting, but it's not a big concern, and seems to be due to 'skipping' the message on the way in.
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

That one isn't too bad anyway, whatever steps lead to it, or even if there is an underlying bug in certain circumstances. It's personally checkable by looking in your PMs ! (ok that's not good grammer).
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

ivor

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

Aggie

Mine is easily reproducible, but not likely to be an actual 'bug', since as far as the forum's concerned I haven't 'checked my messages' when replying.  Just thought it might be related.

If you want to see it, access the 'reply to this pm' link from your email without checking in here first.
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

There are other circumstances in which the indicator doesn't reflect the true status too - like using the back button ;)
Psychic Hotline Host

goat starer

It must be faulty. I never recieve any  :'(

;D
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

ivor

Hey Goat!

I sent you a PM inviting you over for dinner.   ;D  Did you get it?

MB

goat starer

yes but I replied via PM as it is a BIG SECRET!

;)

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Griffin NoName

Goat, are you aware that MB is a Llama-hollic?
Psychic Hotline Host

goat starer

but LLamas are camelids

I believe MB to be a Lama-Hollic

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

Opsa

Oh dear. That might pose a bit of a problem in a monastery. Lotsa gurus around here.

What was in that gumbo MB made last night?

ivor

Opsa

Would this be your Tibetan cannibal grandma?  ;D