News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Happy Groundhog Day!

Started by Opsa, February 02, 2007, 02:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

...a.k.a. Mammalian Equivalent of a Toadfish Day.

Consider the groundhog: brown, quiet, humble, but with big teeth. Not a bad fellow, except when he eats the things you planted in the yard, but he only does it to survive, not because he's evil.

Our mideastern US groundhog Punxatawney Phil did NOT see his shadow this morning and reports that spring is just around the corner for our little part of the northern hemisphere.

In other news, we're gonna freeze our tails off during the coming week.

A little Guiness may take the edge off... or cocoa.

Vita Curator

Happy Mammalian Equivalent of a Toadfish Day to you also Opsa, and to the rest of my sweet poppet siblings!!!

All is right with the world today, I've had a few days off of work, so I am enjoying the time and recharging my batteries, reading some good books, posting in the forums and celebrating   
Mammalian Equivalent of a Toadfish Day and the fact that we will have an early spring.

The fact that they are calling for single digit temps here also, does not even have me worried, I will just add more logs to the fire and stay warm.

Everyone have a Happy Groundhog Day!!!!
Unity is Strength. Knowledge is Power. Attitude is Everything.

Aggie

WWDDD?

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Early this morning, was foggy and overcast. Later this afternoon, the sun came out and melted 99% of the rest of the ice/snow off the roads, but left it (mostly) in the yards.

So, it looks like we'll have an early spring? Or it will be 1/2 and 1/2? Who can say?

In other news, the snow melted just in time for a fresh layer expected this weekend.

Oh, and happy four-footed quadruped, with hairy skin, rodent teeth, which prefers earth dwellings, and ..... eats like a pig? -day. 
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Opsa

...but can he drink like a fish?
:toast: :toasty: :toasted: