News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Shoutbox Removed

Started by ivor, January 21, 2007, 01:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vita Curator

Unity is Strength. Knowledge is Power. Attitude is Everything.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: MentalBlock996 on January 28, 2007, 10:26:01 AM
I have turned the shoutbox back on for the front page.  ;D

Hooray!! Does that mean the host issue is irrelevant to shouting?

I can't get session verification issues any which way !!
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Opsa

Sedonia View is a nice site, MB. Your work? I wish i was there today, as it is 59 degrees there and freezing here!

Yeay for the return of the shoutbox!

I get the session timeout when I ruminate too long while writing a post. I'll sit and try to conjure up the appropraite phrasing for what I'm trying to say (especially if it's something dear to my heart, like in the philosophical brainstorming areas of The Reef) and when I try to post I get the little red sign saying I've been logged out. Arrrggghhh!

It's not that I've been neglecting the site, it's just that I haven't shuffled pages on it for ten minutes or so. It's too bad it can't see me typing away.

ivor

Hi Opsa!

Quote from: Opsanus tau on January 29, 2007, 04:45:42 PM
Sedonia View is a nice site, MB. Your work? I wish i was there today, as it is 59 degrees there and freezing here!

Thanks!  It's a site I am trying to make a commercial success by selling advertising space.  Alas my Google skills are not good enough.

Yeay for the return of the shoutbox!

Yes.  It appears that performance issues are not causing the session verification errors.

I get the session timeout when I ruminate too long while writing a post. I'll sit and try to conjure up the appropraite phrasing for what I'm trying to say (especially if it's something dear to my heart, like in the philosophical brainstorming areas of The Reef) and when I try to post I get the little red sign saying I've been logged out. Arrrggghhh!

You're using Camino on a Mac with dial up access right?  Do you have any type of firewall on? 

If you get a chance and would like to help could register at SedonaView.com and see if you have the same problem there?

It's not that I've been neglecting the site, it's just that I haven't shuffled pages on it for ten minutes or so. It's too bad it can't see me typing away.

Where is it that you can't see your typing?

Thanks,
MB

Opsa

Hi MB!

I can see me typing, but the site can't see me AS I'm typing, and thinks I have fallen asleep at the screen or something. That's my theory, anyway.

Firewall, hmmm. I thought that Macs had built-in firewalls, but that may be my own luddite assumption. Where would I look to see if I have one, and where do I get one if indeed I don't?

It could be my carppy Netzero server, too.

ivor

Quote from: Opsanus tau on January 29, 2007, 05:27:25 PM
Hi MB!

I can see me typing, but the site can't see me AS I'm typing, and thinks I have fallen asleep at the screen or something. That's my theory, anyway.

Firewall, hmmm. I thought that Macs had built-in firewalls, but that may be my own luddite assumption. Where would I look to see if I have one, and where do I get one if indeed I don't?

It could be my carppy Netzero server, too.

Oh! You mean even though you are typing a post the server still thinks you are gone?

I have no idea where to check for a firewall on a Mac.  I wish I could channel a Mac power user.

Do I have your config right so far?

Opsa

My config right? Oh dear! Now I'm looking for my fig leaf. Could it be that I'm... UNWRAPPPED?!

Nope, just a little unglued, perhaps.

I have been typing long messages here today and have not yet been cut off. Maybe it's better.

ivor

Quote from: Opsanus tau on January 29, 2007, 05:44:11 PM
My config right? Oh dear! Now I'm looking for my fig leaf. Could it be that I'm... UNWRAPPPED?!

Nope, just a little unglued, perhaps.

I have been typing long messages here today and have not yet been cut off. Maybe it's better.

I mean Camino on a Mac with Netzero.  ;D

Try typing a test message and leave it sit for like an hour, then come back and try an post it.  That would be a good test.