News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

We Are One!

Started by Opsa, January 05, 2007, 04:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

Hey, guess what? This week marks the first anniversary of the Honorable Order of Toadfish! We are one!

I can't remember what day it was exactly (maybe Chatty does, she has a great memory), but I'd like to think it coincides with the Christian celebration of Epiphany, which is the day the Wise Men appeared. We strive for wisdom, so why not?

I think I'll celebrate by lighting candles tomorrow night at suppertime and thinking of everyone here. Maybe I'll serve fish. Or would that be too cannibalistic?

I know, beer! I'll serve beer.

:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

Aggie

:toast: To the Monastery!  Toadfish are predatory, no?  It won't be worse than humans eating beef or other mammals.  But you in particular should go get some oysters!

And a second toast for Ukrainian Christmas (on Sunday). :toast:

I just tracked down the origins of my dad's side of the family on Google Earth (there was some confusion previously as these areas have been under various rules (Polish, Austrian), but I knew we are reputed to be ethnic Ukrainian.  Here's proof (based on birth and citizenship documents).

WWDDD?

goat starer

Quote from: Opsanus tau on January 05, 2007, 04:00:12 PM
Maybe I'll serve fish. Or would that be too cannibalistic?

just so long as you dont join the disturbing number of people on here who seem to want to serve goat!  :o
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

The Meromorph

Quote from: goat starer on January 05, 2007, 06:19:43 PM
just so long as you dont join the disturbing number of people on here who seem to want to serve goat!  :o
I don't want to serve goat.
I wouldn't mind someone else serving him and me a beer, though...
We could drink it under the windmill on Bidston Hill. (I'm feeling nostalgic :))
Dances with Motorcycles.

Opsa

I volunteer to serve everyone beer or rootbeer even though I can't fit into my St. Pauli Girl bodice. It'd only impede my drinking, anyhow.

Here's a little watercolor I just made to mark the occasion:

goat starer

Quote from: The Meromorph (Sibling Quasimodo) on January 05, 2007, 06:41:55 PM
We could drink it under the windmill on Bidston Hill. (I'm feeling nostalgic :))

now you are worrying me! did I tell people where I was from in a fit of drunkeness and have forgotten or do a have my first cyberstalker!!! COOL!!  ;)
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

DaveL

Happy first birthday gang!
Looking forward to much rumbling in year 2.
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Vita Curator

Happy first birthday sweet poppet siblings!

Opsa, I love that watercolor!!!!   Beautiful.  I wish I had one-tenth of the talent and creativity that you all have.

A toast :toast: to you all!!!  (Still trying to get the hang of the  Courvasier and cigar whilst I am curled up reading in the easy chair.)  Hee hee.

All jokes aside, Happy Birthday cuties.

I'll begin to post more again next week when I have a little more time.

Salute!
Unity is Strength. Knowledge is Power. Attitude is Everything.

The Meromorph

Quote from: goat starer on January 05, 2007, 07:09:35 PM
Quote from: The Meromorph (Sibling Quasimodo) on January 05, 2007, 06:41:55 PM

now you are worrying me! did I tell people where I was from in a fit of drunkeness and have forgotten or do a have my first cyberstalker!!! COOL!!  ;)
You have mentioned odd items about your environment, and I'm very good at reading between the lines'.  :D
I used to live in various places around that area (Caldy [Hillside road], Sefton Park [..Drive], Claughton [Churton Avenue]) and I am very familiar with the area (pre 1975 or so).  :) Thus the nostalgia.
Dances with Motorcycles.

The Meromorph

Quote from: Opsanus tau on January 05, 2007, 07:07:15 PM
I volunteer to serve everyone beer or rootbeer even though I can't fit into my St. Pauli Girl bodice. It'd only impede my drinking, anyhow.

Here's a little watercolor I just made to mark the occasion:

May I please print that for my wall?
Dances with Motorcycles.

Opsa

You test my humbleness. *blush*

Of course you may.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Opsanus tau on January 05, 2007, 07:07:15 PM
Here's a little watercolor I just made to mark the occasion
Beautiful, love the colors (I wish I knew how to color...  :'( ).
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

ivor

I put your picture in the Museum.  I hope you don't mind Opsa.  Beautiful picture!

The Meromorph

Came out great as an 8x10, though colors are a little less vibrant..
It's still magic:D
Dances with Motorcycles.

Griffin NoName

Happy ONE !!

Maybe the Spammer was just here to celebrate  ?

Let's all have a spam and beer party. ;D
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Wow... One year!!!

Happy first anniversary to all the toadfish.

To those who has been in here from the beginning.

To those who has come along while the monastery was growing.

To everyone!!!!!!

:toast:

I'm back..

Aggie

Aye, and to the new friends we've just made, and to the new ones we'll make in the next year!

:toast:
WWDDD?

Opsa

RUMBLE!

The weather was unseasonably warm here on Saturday night, so we went out back and made a fire in the outdoor fireplace. I threw on some dried sage afforded by the garden, had some good ol' Guiness Extra Stout and toasted us all.