News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Monastery in Mourning for Pieces o Nine

Started by Opsa, January 23, 2014, 09:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruder Cuzzen

Trying , lack of sleep , too much coffee ,smoking again which is not helping . Devastated . Will be better in the morning for PoNs sake. I am dehydrating myself . Thanks for being here Roy.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

I am similarly at a little loss of words, though perhaps somewhat more for the regret around not spending more time around these parts and like and getting to know her and, really, all of you better.

Not about me, though. Just mean to say there's not much more I could say except to echo what has been said of her.

Makes me think of what I could've said, or would say to her (and others). But I think they she knew, and knows.
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one them, it gets up and kills. The poeple it kills get up and kill!

http://qwertysvapourtrail.blogspot.com/

Darlica

Quote from: roystonoboogie on January 24, 2014, 09:35:06 PM
If you want to remember Pieces, remember her like this:

She's smiling. And she's a babe. Schwinnngg!!

Yes that's our Pirate Queen.  :-\ :)

I still have a hard time to wrap my head around the fact that she is gone. It still makes me want to cry.

I think we will always miss her here. She will always be a part of this place, her contributions to this forum has helped to make it what it is today, her spirit is in the virtual walls of this place.

"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Sibling DavidH

There may be some Toadfish who haven't heard about Bart.  He was diagnosed with mesothelioma - a nasty lung cancer - back in the summer, and had undergone two courses of chemo by October, which was the last time anybody heard anything from him, AFAIK.

I am really upset about Pieces; if Bart goes too, it would be devastating.

Opsa

Thank you so much for that photo, Roy. It helps so much.

DavidH- Bart is much loved here, too. Please keep us informed. I hope he's okay.

Qwerty- I am feeling much the same way as you since we've lost Pieces. I think I need to let down my walls a little bit more and let in the people who are dear to me. I can be pretty aloof sometimes, but it is a protective callous I have built up against being rubbed the wrong way so often, I suppose. Still I can't remain stewing at the bottom of the river, I gotta come up for air.

It is hard (for me) to open up around people in Real Life, but here we bare a part of our minds to each other and I should know by now that even if I step too far one way or the other or feel that someone else has, we can always recover here because we have enough trust that we will realize that no real harm is meant.

Pieces is gone and it hurts a lot, but I feel just a squinch less pain today than I did yesterday. We'll get through this. I hope that Pieces knew how much we cared about her. I want to believe that she did. Without getting too damned goopy, I hope everyone here knows how much you matter to the rest of us, too. Alla ya blaggards!

Griffin NoName

Yes, thanks for the picture Roy, it is much better than the obit. one. Googling throws up one much more like how she was nowadays, and which I actually like more than the obit. one too.

Qwerty....... thanks for dropping by. I'm with Opsa, I think we all are feeling similar ways. Words are often hard to find, and wonderiing what one might have done differently is natural when losing anyone.

I am still waking up each day and first thought is Pieces gone. Then the lump in my throat.

David, I will try and find out how Bart is but I think it will be bad news as he has been silent a few months. And knowing others with that form of cancer. :(
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bruder Cuzzen

I have been worrying about Bart and his family for some time it causes my heart to ache , that ache has been inside me for some time , building upon other traumatic events in my life . To lose Bart as well ... the thought is unbearable and i dont know how to prepare myself .
These past few years Pieces has been a great comfort to me and to suddenly lose her ... well , i need not say anything more.
I did not sleep again last night despite my efforts to do so .
I spent it listening to the fierce wind outside the windows of my new empty  condo . The loneliness was manageable until the news of PoN hit me .

It is hard to text while my eyes constantly tear up.

I am in the process of reading every post Pieces wrote hear ans there . I am happy to have not deleted any PMs for over 5 years . I can read her messages repeatedly and keep my memories of her young forever in my heart and mind .

About 10 pages into her posts i found one that was very sad to see , basically she said there was a history a premature deaths on both sides of her family tree .

I shall try to limit the amount of ' Pieces Pages' that i read because i dont wish it to end , but i also have about the same number of pages over there .
When i am done i can always start again .
So happy to have known her.
Missing her so much.
She is here with us in cyberspace forever .

The Meromorph

Pieces                                                                                                 

Cold curls uncanny in my heart,
And flays the seasons from my songs.
There is a melody I now have lost,
A dance I seem to stumble on the shifting ground.

She was sweet and gentle with our dreams,
And strong and forceful with our memories.
She granted no relief
Except to those who needed it; she did no wrong.

And now we feel her soul, in pieces on the winter ground.
Do not come to me for shelter,
I am fire in the sky, and I will
Helter skelter down your bones,
I will show our sorrows to the wind,
And call tornados from our grieving.

Something cold now keens uncanny in my heart,
And eats my songs.

© Brian Henderson
January 2014
Dances with Motorcycles.

Opsa

:'(

Powerful.

Thank you, Mero. Your strength picks me up.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I considered her my friend, I valued her comments and input, and now I will miss her very much. Nothing could've prepared me (or any of us) for her loss and things will certainly not be the same without her.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Lindorm

When Darlica told me about what had happened, I could only gape and say buh? But, but, but?

Pieces was a warm and very human person, I suppose what a New Yorker would call a mensch, with a finely-honed intellect and a lovely sense of humour.

I will miss her.

:pillar:
Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)

Sibling DavidH

I just got a pm from Roy (-stonoboogie) saying Bart has appeared on Facebook.  He's in and out of hospital and not feeling very well, but has been back to work and is trying to make the best of it.

Opsa

Thank you so much for that news, DavidH. I am so glad to hear he's still kicking. Please send him our best.

Aggie

Quote from: Sibling DavidH on February 04, 2014, 10:19:03 AM
I just got a pm from Roy (-stonoboogie) saying Bart has appeared on Facebook.  He's in and out of hospital and not feeling very well, but has been back to work and is trying to make the best of it.

:thumbsup: Good to hear.
WWDDD?