News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Monastery in Mourning for Pieces o Nine

Started by Opsa, January 23, 2014, 09:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

We are very sorry to report that our beloved sibling Pieces of Nine died December 23.

Toadfish Siblings are encouraged to light candles of remembrance for our dear friend.

Pieces rocked. She was a strong and outspoken Toadfish Sibling, always ready to lend an ear and offer encouragement, merriment, or a shoulder to cry on. She was a person of amazing artistic talents. She was a boisterous pirate lady, but always kind. Everyone loved her so much. I can't believe she's gone.

Pieces, wherever you are, know that your Toadfish siblings love you and will honor your memory always.

Bruder Cuzzen

I cant stop crying . Oh Gail , how i miss you .

Bluenose

The world will be a poorer place.

Vale, dear Pieces.
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Griffin NoName

I can't believe we have to say goodbye.

..........why the gods above me, think so liitle of me, they allow you to go?

Hope you have found peace and escape from the worlds vaguaries.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling DavidH

I am also very, very sad.  Pieces and I always kept in touch via PM;  I thought she was a lovely person and regarded her as a good friend.  Condolences to all Toadfish.

Griffin, thank you for telling me.

Almighty Doer of Stuff

I'm quite shocked. I was just reading a helpful post she made on December 21st as a moderator on the FSM forums and she seemed totally fine. She will be dearly missed over there as well. Is there an obituary we can read?

(I'm CONSIDERING visiting this forum more often, but I don't even read the FSM forums as much as I'd like to so I don't know. We'll see. I like what this place is about though.)
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!

Opsa

I hope you stick around, ADS.

Griffin informs me that the date on the obit I saw was incorrect, that she actually died on the 21st. I will ask the other mods here how they feel about publishing her obit. Maybe we can post one that has her real life info omitted, to retain her privacy.

Almighty Doer of Stuff

Yikes, so she died not long after she made that post then. *shudders*

(I prefer "ADoS" by the way. Thanks for the welcome!)
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!

Opsa

Please come into the intro access so we can welcome you properly, ADoS.

We're all pretty shocked.

Bruder Cuzzen

Pieces invited me to engage her on skype early in Dec .
I offered to treat her to a weeks vacation here for woofstock .I thought there was plenty of time to work out the details . Such regret is killing me at the moment . I have not slept and having trouble facing my day . I know she would not have me suffer like this but it is so hard to accept her loss .

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Opsa

Definitely me too.

We really know almost nothing other than that she died, at this point. We don't even know how.

Today is Mr. Ops' birthday and I am trying to be light, but I feel like I have a big rock in my chest. Oddly, I keep wondering what became of her beloved Dom the Danger Cat.

I feel sure that Pieces would not want us to feel bad for her, so I am trying to go on living, but it will take some time to move past the grieving stage.

BC- I've no doubt that she appreciated your offer and your good friendship. I really feel like she'd rather we thought about what good times we had with her, and not about what didn't happen. That's what I'd want for my Toadfish siblings.

roystonoboogie

If you want to remember Pieces, remember her like this:

She's smiling. And she's a babe. Schwinnngg!!

Bruder Cuzzen

roystonoboogie

Quote from: Bruder Cuzzen on January 24, 2014, 09:52:25 PM
Yes , i will .

Weeping again .
Focus, BC.

She would not have wanted you to be like this.

Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, latch on to the affirmative, don't mess with Mr In-between.