News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Monastery Response Times

Started by Griffin NoName, November 30, 2013, 06:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

At present the Monastery is responding so slowly for me that I am almost unable to read/post. It's the only website that is slow for me so I assume it is not a problem at my end, but a problem with the Monastery. This has been going on for quite a while.

I've asked MB to have a look, but he is just in a new job and busy.

The problem is, while I can do data/code backups, I don't have permissions to change anything behind the scenes. In fact, there are some things I cannot check out either. So I think we will have to wait until MB is not busy unless anyone can think of any other way to sort this.

:(
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I noticed the drop in performance for a while, it gets very bad at times and improves a bit (automatic thread recycle?), I'm not familiar with the setting though.  :(
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

Same here. It got masked for some tome by my laptop (pre the tea accident) being very slow netwise but on the PC it's only the monastery.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

I get slow response times too-- occasional time-outs, but if I go do something else (in a different tab, say) it eventually (usually) shows.

*sigh*

Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

pieces o nine

I see it now and then, but not consistently.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

Today it is too slow for me to use at all, unless I do as Bob does. It's driving me nuts.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

ivor

ivor

ivor

It wasn't this site.  It was another site on the same server that was killing the server.  Everything should be good now.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Thank you!

BTW, how are you buddy? Long time no post... ;)
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

ivor

No problemo.  You're welcome!  How are you man?

Just been absorbed by work for the last year.  My new job is much better.  My second week starts Monday.

It's a rocketship now isn't it. LOL

Edit:
This is Cloudflare Pro, plus when I parked that hacked domain (that was my ex-wife's) the CPU load dropped to zero.

pieces o nine

Thanks, MB! 

Nice to see you on the board.   :)
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

ivor

Bluenose

Quote from: MentalBlock996 on December 02, 2013, 12:21:13 AM
The waterboard?  :mrgreen:

Yes, the squidlings have been eagerly awaiting your return...
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)