News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Halloween/Samhain Greetings

Started by Opsa, October 28, 2012, 04:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

Hey hey hey! Anyone out there in the spirit?

Our theater group was asked to haunt our local community center as a fundraiser this weekend, and we had a blast. The young actors came in costume and I dressed as the dead dowager (I found a dress worthy of Margaret Dumont for a dollar at a yard sale) and lead the tour. It was amazing how brave, and how chicken people can be! At the end we did a spooky flash mob dance to Vic Mizzy's "Gomez". It was a hoot and a half!

Whatchyoo been doin'?

pieces o nine

Ruthlessly evaluating possessions and packing, instead of the usual observations.

Also tongue-in-cheek contemplation of whether I want to do a "clearing ritual" of what was my space before leaving, or compose a new one to enhance  a ghostly echo...    mua ha ha ha

:voodoo:              
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Swatopluk

That's where you should consider embracing Cthulhu (metaphorically) and dedicating your enemies to him (so the unpleasant parts are not for you to execute). It's less than two months to solstice when his power can be felt strongly.  :worship: :cthulhu:
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

pieces o nine

One suspects that calling the attention of gods (whatever form they might take) to oneself can be risky. Not unlike reporting an alleged crime to Authority, where the whistleblower comes under just as much scrutiny as the alleged perpetrators, no? Especially if the deity in question is not ... entirely  ... known for sanity and reasonable reactions.

:mrgreen:    :cthulhu:

I may pick up applie cider and pumpkin scones on the way home from work tomorrow. :meal:
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

It's not like you are covering a carved pentacle in the floor with a rug, isn't it? :devil2:
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

The witty cultist will have the unholy symbol on the underside of the rug instead of the floor.

Opsa

Hmmmm, adds another dimension to the phrase "sweeping things under the rug", doesn't it?

I'm with Pieces when it comes to calling too much attention from the authorities.

Pumpkin scones! That's more like it. Halloween should be a happy time. If the ancestors can party in their condition, we certainly can, too.

Swatopluk

Opsa

That made me actually shriek with laughter.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

.. well that's just what you get, when you let a couple of non-believer's have complete creative control .... ::)

I love Robot Chicken as no subject is either taboo or sacred to them.   :)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling DavidH

Sounds like you had some fun, Opsa.

I like the idea of sacrificing the god-botherers, it can only help.

Aggie

I made pumpkin panna cotta for the restaurant as a feature dessert:
http://www.pastryaffair.com/blog/2011/12/4/pumpkin-panna-cotta.html

It was nice and light, not too sweet (despite quite a bit of sugar; I used brown instead of white) and tasted like a lightened-up pumpkin pie.

I also resurrected my old devil mask; the remade version has a separate chin piece with goatee which allowed for drinking and talking.  The spirit gum didn't hold up to my dancing, however, and dropped off due to sweat partway through Saturday.  I took a couple of the cooks out to see Matt the Alien on Saturday.

I'll have to post pictures of the mask later.  I still like the old one, which was actually more frightening because it was less realistic, but the new version shaped up nice in 3D.  I based it on the Sigil of Baphomet:

Otherwise, I went all in black (including gloves) with a studded belt and wristbands.
When asked on several occasions throughout the night "Who are you?*", I replied simply (to male and female alike): "I'm the Devil, baby"
Of course, I danced like the Devil. :devil2:

*contextually, the question was of my true identity, not the costume. I love the anonymity of masks.  :D
\

The local science centre is putting on a haunted house, so I might go to see that on the 31st.  A's flying into town tonight, and should be up for it.  She's both a scientist and a natural creature of the night (she's often heard cursing the sun, preferring dark and cool to heat and light; we seem to be the embodiment of the sun and moon sometimes).

WWDDD?

Darlica

Happy Halloween!
:autumn: :zombie: :autumn:

No celebrating over here yet, maybe next weekend...
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Sibling DavidH

Have a nice evening, all!

We're doing what we always do: going out to a Chinese Restaurant to celebrate the anniversary of our first date.  That was 1970.

Opsa

Awww, you little ghoul sweethearts!

I have the bread rising and everything ready to do the big lentil soup this afternoon. Usually people just show up, especially the families that live out in the countryside where it's hard to trick or treat. Here in our little village we set up a home base for them. If anyone gets too tired or cold or has to use the potty, they can head back here. I have a fun Australian wine for the grownups, Benefactor Cellars, which features skeletons partying it up on the label.

Mr. Ops is a little under the weather, though.