News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Happy 1-11-11 everyone!

Started by Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith, January 11, 2011, 11:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Today (while it lasts) is one of those calendar "gosh" days:

1/11/11

This date will not come around again, so go out and buy those lottery tickets. 

::)

(or you could just try your luck with nature herself, and toss something valuable, but not toxic, out the window into the breeze, and see if your luck will return... :)  )

The next "gosh" day in this year will not come until November 11, wherein it will be the even luckier "gosh" day, of 11/11/11....

Or, in binary?  That would be... 63... but that's way, off in November.

Today, it's 31.  Remember that number:  it could be lucky!

:)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Bluenose

Well, here that's yesterday already, but in this part of the woods it was 11/1/11, much more symetrical.  :P
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Griffin NoName

Yes, we had the symetrical kind here too ;D
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

ivor

I glanced at the clock at 11:01 and tripped-out for a second.  Didn't even think or know it was coming...  Really cool...

Sibling DavidH

I didn't even notice!  :shame:

Swatopluk

I always use the zeros, so the next interesting date will be 11.02.2011 (meaning the 11th of February)
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Aggie

The American way of listing dates confuses me utterly (m/d/y), so I stick to the European model (d/m/y). 
WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Actually to avoid confusion and sort properly I use yyyy-mm-dd which is unequivocal.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on January 12, 2011, 03:52:36 PM
Actually to avoid confusion and sort properly I use yyyy-mm-dd which is unequivocal.

I use that exclusively, when I'm naming files and I want them date-sorted properly.   By using yyyy-mm-dd, including leading zeros, the file-names will always sort by date correctly, simply by sorting on their names.

:)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Aggie

Ayuh, makes sense for files.  For field notes, it's easiest for me to have the day first when flipping back through.
WWDDD?

DaveL

Can't wait for armistice day this year...11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of the 11th year...Woot!!
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Aggie

As a little bloke I always figured they should have continued that to the minute and second...
WWDDD?