News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Happy New 2011!

Started by Lindorm, December 31, 2010, 07:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lindorm

A big Happy New Year to all of you from Darlica and me!

The fish is about to hit the frying pan, the wine bottle is edging closer to the corkscrew, the blini batter is proofing and there's a bottle of champagne for the stroke of twelve -Darlica and I are going to have a lovely evening! Hope you all will also have a wonderful new year!

:fireworks_fire: :fireworks_fire:
:drunkburp:

And tomorrow, I suspect it will be a case of
:wakeup:

Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Enjoy yourselves and a happy new year to all my siblings!
:grouphug:
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Happy New Year's to you, too! I has RAVE to go to tonight! Should be a blast. ;D
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Sibling DavidH

Happy New Year to one and all!  Being ancient, we'll be in bed and snoring before 11.

Opsa

Hey, hey- it's still the old year, here. I feel like I'm typing to the future!

Got a lasagna in the oven for dinner, and am about to open a nice wine to go with it.

We're going to a friend's house this evening for a party, but I suspect that like DavidH, we'll be home well before the turn of the year.

Happy New Year, and a kiss for luck to all!

Griffin NoName

Hmmmm I just got logged out and lost my post.

Had a great evening with merry people. I even danced, once sort of waving my arms about for 2 minutes, and one slow one with a man holding me up  ;D  ;D  Heard Big Ben ring the chimes, kissed and hugged and Auld Lang Sygned - so far 2011 has been excellent - tho I shall possibly rue it all in the morning (I have to travel home when I'd normally be asleep).

Happy New Year 2011.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

:fireworks_fire:   :fireworks_toss:    H A P P Y   2 0 1 1   E V E R Y O N E !     :fireworks_toss:   :fireworks_fire:  
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Swatopluk

The barrage opened again at certain intervals. The guys to the West saved ammo in order to disrupt the sleep of those who thought it was over.
Got to bed about half past 3am and up again at ten. Now it's 1111 hours and I must remember to use 2011 instead of 2010.
Met my target of 75 days logged in before the year's end and finished the 2nd Frog Prince Sonnet a few minutes before midnight.
We did not spend money on explosives or illuminants, the neigbours did the display for free (i.e. they paid for all the stuff, we nassauered by watching).
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

I'm long past the point of caring about silly things like marks on calendars.

I went to bed early (for me) and slept through the neighbor's fireworks (they are hispanic, and always shoot off a passel).  I also missed out on the gunfire-- there's always 8 or 10 within earshot.  Fortunately, none hit my roof, or I'd have awoken.

Just another day:  I must off, and replace a nonfunctional gas control valve on a furnace-- I'm awaiting my diesel truck's engine to warm up a bit, and some water to boil for a quick cuppa.

But for those who do "mark the walls"?

Have a merry one.

:)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Opsa

Eh, any excuse for a party, as far as I'm concerned. We had a good time with friends and actually stayed up to see the poor Dick Clark scrape through another Times Square New Year's Rockin' Eve.

On new year's day th'Opsalette and I made lentil soup together and smelled like onions for the rest of the day. It was good.

Today we're off to Washington D.C. to the art museums. It's a nice, rainy day, perfect for wandering through paintings. I think we'll try to catch the last day of the Norman Rockwell exhibit at the Smithsonian American Art museum, which is a cool place to go.