News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Monastery Performance Tweaks

Started by ivor, December 13, 2010, 07:52:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Aggie

Got one very brief CloudFlare bump yesterday, possibly when you were poking it? 

Other than the security droids hating my aircard, seems to be working good.
WWDDD?

ivor

Quote from: Aggie on February 15, 2011, 02:19:29 PM
Got one very brief CloudFlare bump yesterday, possibly when you were poking it? 

Other than the security droids hating my aircard, seems to be working good.

What were you seeing?

Aggie

I get put through that nearly indecipherable captcha page, and then sometimes it says they know I am a robot and makes me do small sums.

Not a problem from the hotel, it's only when I use the USB internet dongle.

WWDDD?

ivor

pieces o nine

V  E  R  Y     S  L  O  W     L  O  A  D  I  N  G     A  F  T  E  R     L  O  G  G  I  N  G     I  N     L  A  S  T     W  E  E  K  .

Everything working properly this week.    :)
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

ivor

Okay!  I turned the security down to "medium" which was the recommended setting based on the issues y'all are having.  The default is high.  Let's see how that works out.  Y'all let me know how things are working.

MB

pieces o nine

SO far, so good, MB.

I didn't complain about the slowdown at the time because it could be my system, for all I know.   ;)
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Not enough for me to access the monastery on my phone, but as long as the IPs from TMobile are blocked there is very little I can do (using a proxy isn't as transparent on the phone).  :(
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

Had messages from CloudFlare that site unreachable yesterday. Seems ok today.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

ivor

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on February 19, 2011, 08:23:26 PM
Not enough for me to access the monastery on my phone, but as long as the IPs from TMobile are blocked there is very little I can do (using a proxy isn't as transparent on the phone).  :(

They're completely blocked or is it a challenge from CloudFlare?
Quote from: Griffin NoName on February 19, 2011, 08:25:18 PM

I have to say it's probably DreamHost not CloudFlare.  They seem to have their "stuff" together.  It's  that and the configuration that is the issue.  I'm trying to lower the security without letting in spammers.  Sorry for the science experiment!

MB

pieces o nine

Don't apologize for continually tweaking to address people's wants & needs. Your time in the 'science experiment' is much appreciated!

Swatopluk

Had that yesterday but another refresh brought the site back instantly. Sometimes it takes longer.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

ivor

Quote from: Swatopluk on February 20, 2011, 08:54:20 AM

Had that yesterday but another refresh brought the site back instantly. Sometimes it takes longer.

I'm sure it's DreamHost and not CloudFlare...  The more I look into it the more awesome it is, unlike DreamHost... :mrgreen:

ivor

I put a bug in CloudFlare's ear about making a certificate that gets users past the challenge if you're mobile or your IP address is in a bad neighborhood and dynamic.  Essentially I would give you a certificate file and when CloudFlare challenges you it checks your certificate against the web site and lets you pass if they match...