News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Birthday Rumbles

Started by Aphos, November 02, 2006, 06:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Meromorph

What's wrong with this one?
Or are you talking of a thread asking people their birthdays? In which case it might be beter in Miscellaneous, 'cos of the people who don't read announcements...  ::)
But the birthday announcements should be here...
Dances with Motorcycles.

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

I thought of doing a special Birthday thread, in which we list all the birthdays (if people are willing to share theirs) and we could leave it here to say happy birthday to those people, that's not so important anymore...

Well, I will start a thread in Misc right away, you can move it, if you don't like it there... :D

I'm back..

Opsa

Outis the Unready

My birthday is the 18th, but I am sad, because  I just fell down in the mud and now I am sore.
SCIENCE DAMN YOU, GLOBAL WARMING!
I also be buying a house.

where is the butter?
I can't live without butter.
Please pass the butter.

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

January 18th?

Just to be sure. I'll add to the list right away.

I'm back..

Outis the Unready

Yes.

I just woke up a couple hours ago after sleeping 11 hours and I am still sore.

where is the butter?
Please pass the butter.

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Hopefully your soreness goes away soon.

Here a hug to make you feel better!

I'm back..

Opsa

Congratulations on buying a house, Outis! When do you settle?

Hopefully you will not settle on a bruise. :'(

Thanks, Kiyo, for taking such good care of the birthday list. I used it yesterday to add BDs to our new calendar (see Events  in sidebar). If anyone would rather I didn't, please do not hesitate to respond and say so. I thought it would be fun to get a reminder.

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Quote from: Opsanus tau on January 12, 2007, 03:16:56 PM
Thanks, Kiyo, for taking such good care of the birthday list. I used it yesterday to add BDs to our new calendar (see Events  in sidebar). If anyone would rather I didn't, please do not hesitate to respond and say so. I thought it would be fun to get a reminder.

I wanted to do that myself, but you were faster. :)

At least I've added Outis' Birthday on the list and in the calendar, so I have done at least something. :toadfishwink: ;D

I'm back..

Opsa

I couldn't manage to get it as an annual event. I tried to do that with the HOT anniversary and messed it all up. Now it's on the 12th instead of the 6th and I can't get rid of it.

You did much better than i did.

Sibling Chatty

Congrats on the house, Outis!!

Sending you mental methocarbamol for the muscle ouchies, and some nice, soothing tramadol for the rest of them. (Oh no, virtual addiction to non-addictive medications!!)
This sig area under construction.

Outis the Unready

It turns out it was a sprain in the back.

We have a nonstandard contract with our realtor. We lease the house until it is repaired to our specs and then we officially own it after we sign the assumption papers. All the fundage is in escrow.

Until the sprain, we were looking at assuming it on 1/20, but now it will prolly be 2/15 or so.

They gave me metaxalone for the spasms, and it's been 90% useless. I think a run to the dutyfree for booze is in order.

where is the butter?
Please pass the butter.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Outis the Unready on January 15, 2007, 06:53:56 PM
It turns out it was a sprain in the back.

We have a nonstandard contract with our realtor. We lease the house until it is repaired to our specs and then we officially own it after we sign the assumption papers. All the fundage is in escrow.

Until the sprain, we were looking at assuming it on 1/20, but now it will prolly be 2/15 or so.

They gave me metaxalone for the spasms, and it's been 90% useless. I think a run to the dutyfree for booze is in order.

My favorite "cure" for sprains, after the initial "owww!" with ice, is hot water (or other heat).

Lots and lots of hot water:  I foresee lots of hot baths in your future-- as steaming as you can stand.

And, it's scientifically sound: the heat causes your body to increase the bloodflow to the too-hot body part, which helps speed up the healing process.

And candles: you need some candles around your tub, for peace of mind.

And a locked door-- no phone, no interruptions. ::)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

The Meromorph

I recommend 'Thermacare' brand heat wraps. I've tried several brands, and no others even approach the same quality. The back wrap version promises 'a full 8 hours of heat', I have consistently gotten 16 or more hours of useful heat from these...
HTH.
Dances with Motorcycles.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: The Meromorph (Quasimodo) on January 15, 2007, 08:12:25 PM
I recommend 'Thermacare' brand heat wraps. I've tried several brands, and no others even approach the same quality. The back wrap version promises 'a full 8 hours of heat', I have consistently gotten 16 or more hours of useful heat from these...
HTH.

Thanks for the recommend.  I'll file that under "must use next time".  :D
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)