News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Monastery snarls- don't get your cowl in a twist!!!

Started by Opsa, October 04, 2010, 02:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aggie

I read everything I want to, and then mark the rest as read.

Happens somewhere between daily and weekly, depending if I'm backlogged or not.
WWDDD?

Opsa

ivor

Nope, there was no press release or anything.... Not even smoke signals.  That's just my best guess is all.  It should work that way but I guess it just don't...

Griffin NoName

My experience is similar but different :mrgreen:

What it does is show me all the threads that have been updated since I last logged in AND all the posts that I haven't read that were in previous update lists that I didn't read, but only those on the same day.

Say I log in at 23:15 pm. Threads A,B, C, D, and E are in the list. I read post E and logout
Then I log in at 23:30 pm.  The list shows A,B,C, and D. I read post D and logout.
Then I log in at 23:45 pm.  The list shows A,B,and C. I read post C and logout.
Then I log in at 00:10 pm.  The list does not show posts A or B. It does show posts made since 00:00 midnight.

ie. even though I never read A or B posts, it's a new day so they disappear.

If there are lots of posts in the since last login list which cross the tims zone (ie. midnight), this behaviour is easy to miss. Therefore it appears to be sporadic. But it isn't.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Opsa

Whoa! Really? When I deleted the nineteen pages yesterday some threads went back to 2006.

But everything looks a lot happier today. Thank you for the advice.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Opsanus tau on October 05, 2010, 03:41:01 PM
Whoa! Really? When I deleted the nineteen pages yesterday some threads went back to 2006.

Oh sorry, I thought the problem was the posts weren't showing up in the list, rather than the list included old stuff.

I was replyiing to this
Quote from: Opsanus tau on October 04, 2010, 02:52:03 PM
I'm having problems getting any Recent Posts or Updated Topics today. Anyone else?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Opsa

No, you were right. I was used to the nineteen pages going back to 2006, when suddenly I only had one page and five topics listed.

It's too bad that you can't choose which ones to weed out. Many times I pass over some things to get back to later.