News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Monastery snarls- don't get your cowl in a twist!!!

Started by Opsa, October 04, 2010, 02:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

I'm having problems getting any Recent Posts or Updated Topics today. Anyone else?

Swatopluk

Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Aggie

WWDDD?

ivor

Me either.  Maybe it's the Stuxnet virus trying to "adjust" your lawn sprinklers! :mrgreen:

Opsa

It was saying there were zero new posts. It's fixed now, though.

ivor

Weird.  I didn't see any errors in the log.  My microwave stopped working and the blender iis looking at me funny.

Sibling DavidH

Yes, for some time now my lists of unread posts and new replies have been reducing erratically - sometimes to nothing at all.  Then they slowly lengthen before it happens again.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Sibling DavidH on October 04, 2010, 05:22:11 PM
Yes, for some time now my lists of unread posts and new replies have been reducing erratically - sometimes to nothing at all.  Then they slowly lengthen before it happens again.

You sure you are not reading them in your sleep?

Currently no problems here.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Opsa

Right now I am only getting about five recent posts, from today only. It didn't even show that you guys had replied to this thread. Odd! But alot like DavidH's problem.

ivor

This is going right over my head.  You know it gets stale if you haven't clicked on it in a while right?  Sorry if that sounds bad, I'm just confused.

Opsa

I normally click on it daily. It beats having to search all over the forum page for recent additions.

It's no big deal. It may just be my computer. It was acting up last week, being slow, getting stuck.

ivor

Opsa

Normally when I click on "Recent Posts" I get several pages of recent posts. Since I do not always read all of them, they tend to go back several months. Today I am only getting a short page of posts from today only.

ivor

So you just let them hang out there in space and never hit the mark as read button ever?

Opsa

Ut! They're all back again, now. All 19 pages.

Do you think I should mark more things as "read"? It never occurred to me to do so. Where's my Luddite hat?

I think I left it under my arse hat!!!

UPDATE:

Okay, I just marked every page as unread. How often should I do this? Daily?

Aggie

I read everything I want to, and then mark the rest as read.

Happens somewhere between daily and weekly, depending if I'm backlogged or not.
WWDDD?

Opsa

ivor

Nope, there was no press release or anything.... Not even smoke signals.  That's just my best guess is all.  It should work that way but I guess it just don't...

Griffin NoName

My experience is similar but different :mrgreen:

What it does is show me all the threads that have been updated since I last logged in AND all the posts that I haven't read that were in previous update lists that I didn't read, but only those on the same day.

Say I log in at 23:15 pm. Threads A,B, C, D, and E are in the list. I read post E and logout
Then I log in at 23:30 pm.  The list shows A,B,C, and D. I read post D and logout.
Then I log in at 23:45 pm.  The list shows A,B,and C. I read post C and logout.
Then I log in at 00:10 pm.  The list does not show posts A or B. It does show posts made since 00:00 midnight.

ie. even though I never read A or B posts, it's a new day so they disappear.

If there are lots of posts in the since last login list which cross the tims zone (ie. midnight), this behaviour is easy to miss. Therefore it appears to be sporadic. But it isn't.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Opsa

Whoa! Really? When I deleted the nineteen pages yesterday some threads went back to 2006.

But everything looks a lot happier today. Thank you for the advice.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Opsanus tau on October 05, 2010, 03:41:01 PM
Whoa! Really? When I deleted the nineteen pages yesterday some threads went back to 2006.

Oh sorry, I thought the problem was the posts weren't showing up in the list, rather than the list included old stuff.

I was replyiing to this
Quote from: Opsanus tau on October 04, 2010, 02:52:03 PM
I'm having problems getting any Recent Posts or Updated Topics today. Anyone else?
Psychic Hotline Host

Opsa

No, you were right. I was used to the nineteen pages going back to 2006, when suddenly I only had one page and five topics listed.

It's too bad that you can't choose which ones to weed out. Many times I pass over some things to get back to later.