News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

DD DAY Preparations

Started by Opsa, October 26, 2009, 05:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

In one week it will be Sibling Chatty(aka DeeDee or DD)'s birthday. As many of us know, DD was very much loved here, a feisty character (it has been suggested we call the day Smiting Day in her honor, as she was fond of the smiting stick and had a cane in real life that she is said to have wielded in several righteous occasions) and a very charitable, loving soul. She was with the Toadfish ever since we started this site, all the time fighting cancer in real life. Her battle ended this past summer, and we miss her very much. I would like to say she did not lose the battle, because she's still very much alive in our hearts.

Let's brainstorm on some DD day observances.

One thought is  grab from Aggie's recent signature line: WWDDD ("What Would DD Do?"). As you go about real life these next few weeks, look around for situations that DD might have stepped up to and describe them here. Maybe she will inspire us to be a little more bold.

:update:

We have moved this discussion to a more private area of the monastery.

Aggie

Re-opening and redirecting this thread, to wish you a belated DD day.

:pillar: :kisshands:

I felt Sibling Chatty was with me in October when I delivered a verbal smiting to someone who really, really deserved it (deserved more, IMHO, but I don't believe in violence. Verbal/psychological intimidation, OTOH, can be appropriate in certain situations).
WWDDD?

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Thank you for this-- being reminded of her gentle soul is always a Good Thing.

Now, you've got me reminiscing on some of her more Interesting-with-a-capital-I comments from over the years.

:'(
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Opsa

Thank you, Aggie.

Auntie DD was so special to us here. It is good to remember her.  :'( :-*

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

pieces o nine

:tlite:      :candle:      :tlite:       
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677