News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Monastery in Mourning

Started by Opsa, June 22, 2009, 03:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

Dear Toadfish and Visitors,

Today, June 22nd 2009, we learned that one of our founding members, known here as Sibling Chatty, has died.

Chatty was one of the strongest personalities with whom I have ever been in contact. Her sense of humor was endless. She made me laugh out loud. Her generosity was truly inspiring. She gave even when she only had a little to give.  Her passions were fierce. If you were ever in a tangle you would want Chatty on your side. She was the kind of warrior you could be sure would stop a bullet for you.

Chatty had cancer, but she never felt sorry for herself. She mentioned it only as a matter of fact. She fought it, as she fought anything else that got in her way- with her whole being. And she still found more than enough strength to fight battles for others, too. Just within the past few months she managed to help a battered spouse find a home and stop some jerk from hitting his little kid in a parking lot. Any foe was a foe of hers. Cancer was no different from any of them. She was fearless. She was our hero.

So if we seem a little low key these days, please be patient. We will be taking some time to recover from the loss of someone we will always remember and hold dear.

Chatty, thank you for being our sibling. We will always remember you and will remember to take up the smiting stick wherever we know you would. Your fight is not over! We love you forever.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Thank you Opsanus. 

Well said.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Earthling

Goodbye, Sibling Chatty. Rest in peace.
"Heisenberg may have slept here"

Bluenose

Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

The Meromorph

Rest in Peace, sweet warrior,
your duty bravely done,
We do not count your life well lost,
but your honor as well won.

For Dan:

Blessed be, and soft, the hand,
that soothes the sorrow from your brow,
'til gentle voices join in song,
and merry meet again.
Dances with Motorcycles.

Darlica

No words left only the feeling of a great loss.

See you in Nangijala some day!*
:kisshands:

/Darlica

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Brothers_Lionheart
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Aggie

"Come, hearken then, ere voice of dread
with bitter tidings laden,
Shall summon to unwelcome bed
A melancholy maiden!
We are but older children, dear,
Who fret to find our bedtime near."
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

The long game is over but another just begun in some other place.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

stellinacadente

Chatty, my only regret is that I have only but a brief time you and still you inspired me immensely!

Thank you sweet sibling for your life of Light.

I won't say good-bye because I know that you always be here with us!

Love

Stelli! :pillar:
"Pressure... changes everything pressure. Some people you squeeze them, they focus... others fall..."

Al Pacino, The Devil's Advocate

goat starer

like all of you Chatty was kind to me when i was at my lowest ebb. There is not much to add to what Opsanus has said. She made me laugh.. at the moment she is making me cry.... but the laughing will win.

love

Goat
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

optyx1

Dear Toadfish

For the first time I decided to register and post.

My name is Dan. I'm the one that Chatty often referred to as her Semi-insignificant other.

I wanted to thank everyone here for your kind words about the most special person I've ever known.  She loved this forum and the people on it.

Some people have been surprised to learn that she wanted no funeral service.  I'll use her words:  "I refuse to be the guest of honor at any party where I can't have the last word".

Someone like Dee Dee comes along rarely and I'm honored to have been allowed to be part of her life.

As we used to say in the '60's: peace and love to all.

Dan

Darlica

Thank you for coming here to post that Dan.

We probably are a bunch of complete strangers to you, but as we mourn Chatty/Dee Dee our thoughts also goes to you, to your loss.
You where a significant part of her life that much was clear although she was very private and never spoke much about your relationship.

My deepest condolences (and vibes and hugs if you want them).

Darlica

If you feel comfortable here please stay around you are most welcome, not just as Dee Dee's SO but in your own right.
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Griffin NoName

Thank you Dan from me too for posting here and I echo what Darlica has said.

Often I find myself at a loss for words about what Chatty meant to me.

I hope you can find some small comfort from knowing how much she meant to so many people.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Well-come, Dan

It is with a heavy spirit that you attend our humble dwelling, but I hope the weight is somewhat lighter, for having shared it with others whom also loved Chatty.

I, too, hope you will choose to abide awhile, and if it suits you, remain.

You would be most welcome, regardless:  Chatty has oft spoken of you, and I think I speak for others, if I say that we know you already-- if only a bit.   I'd like you to feel most welcome.

Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Bruder Cuzzen

Hello Dan ,

It's good to hear your voice , a part of Chatty is still with us .
I'm so glad to have had the honor of sending a few things to Chatty when I did , I hope it gave a measure of gladness , if only for a little while .