News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What do the little yellow stars mean?

Started by goat starer, October 18, 2006, 10:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beagle

I daren't say it on an American board  ;). "Not a conservative".

The angels have the phone box

Aggie

Goat:  The people with 5 stars are all Siblings of the Toadfish Monastery.  It started out as a private society at TOP, and the Toadfish have opened the forums up for general use here.  There's still a private area (still some construction work).
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Hate to complicate the issue - hehe - but for a while I was "Toadfish", Jnr Member, two stars and I had more than 100 posts.

Of course the yellow stars could just indicate how many Jewish parents one has.... oops maybe not on a board with this one's history and purpose - maybe even worse than using the "L" word  ;) - please don't smite me  ::) ::)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

goat starer

I will content myself with three stars. humbleness is the true mark of a toadfish and the stars are showy and elitist!

I was a Toadfish ages ago on venganza but I am clearly not in your secret Illuminati lizard people stonecutter mafia  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

ivor

Quote from: goat starer on October 24, 2006, 10:32:34 AM
I will content myself with three stars. humbleness is the true mark of a toadfish and the stars are showy and elitist!

I was a Toadfish ages ago on venganza but I am clearly not in your secret Illuminati lizard people stonecutter mafia  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Who told you about the mafia?  >:(  ;D

MB

goat starer

I'm a Goat. we know about these things! When John dillinger shot kennedy from the overpass who do you think was tripp trapping accross the grassy knoll? When the 5 TMB avenger bombers of flight 19 disappeared in the bermuda triangle who was watching from his luxury yacht? I know your dastardly secret schemes and I will thwart them with true Toadfish humility and general gruffness.

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

Quote from: goat starer on October 24, 2006, 12:48:23 PM
I'm a Goat. we know about these things! When John dillinger shot kennedy from the overpass who do you think was tripp trapping accross the grassy knoll? When the 5 TMB avenger bombers of flight 19 disappeared in the bermuda triangle who was watching from his luxury yacht?

Did you kill the czar and his ministers?

Did you ride a tank and hold a general's rank?

Pleased to meet you!  May I guess your name?

;D

goat starer

Quote from: Sibling Lambicus the Toluous on October 24, 2006, 01:31:30 PMDid you kill the czar and his ministers?

I did indeed and whilst I did it Anastasia screamed in vain!

Quote from: Sibling Lambicus the Toluous on October 24, 2006, 01:31:30 PMDid you ride a tank and hold a general's rank?

Got me there too and how those bodies stank amidst the blitzkrieg!

Quote from: Sibling Lambicus the Toluous on October 24, 2006, 01:31:30 PMPleased to meet you!  May I guess your name?

Guess away but I doubt you will guess the nature of my game. it is puzzling!

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

Opsa

Dear Goatie,

I don't have any record of your being in the Toadfish Monastery at The Other Place unless you were under another name, but you are certainly welcome to apply for novicehood into the private sanctuary area here. We are in the process of creating a Sanctuary Doorstep area where any registered person may ask about and apply for novicehood. We hope to have the whole thing running by November 1st. Keep a little horizontally-pupilled goat-eye open for it in Announcements or Start Here.

goat starer

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

The Meromorph

Quote from: NoName on October 24, 2006, 03:40:32 AM
Hate to complicate the issue - hehe - but for a while I was "Toadfish", Jnr Member, two stars and I had more than 100 posts.

Of course the yellow stars could just indicate how many Jewish parents one has.... oops maybe not on a board with this one's history and purpose - maybe even worse than using the "L" word  ;) - please don't smite me  ::) ::)

It was probably before, or while, I was cleaning up the stars and titles process...
Dances with Motorcycles.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Quasimodo (The Meromorph) on October 25, 2006, 01:04:28 AM
Quote from: NoName on October 24, 2006, 03:40:32 AM
It was probably before, or while, I was cleaning up the stars and titles process...

Well it gave me the opportunity to practice humbleness by not mentioning it, so that was very good of you.  :toadfish:

mmmm stars and titles process... I like it... can we have Baftas and Oscars and stuff?  Not getting them would be so helpful.

Maybe the ultimate humbleness would be to have titles and stars and so on that are randomly generated and have no meaning. And which suddenly change randomly too. Sort of baptism by fire for newbies. Ah but that wouldn't be humble - to put newbies through such an experience. Gaaaaaaar back to the drawing board.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

goat starer

If you were a truly humble lot you would get rid of them, labels and karma altogether

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

Swatopluk

Or at least changing the stars to another symbol. Maybe monk hoods for siblings. Something monastery related at least (e.g. candles).
Hey, do we have little squiddie symbols?
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

The Meromorph

Quote from: Swatopluk on October 25, 2006, 03:33:11 PM
Or at least changing the stars to another symbol. Maybe monk hoods for siblings. Something monastery related at least (e.g. candles).
Hey, do we have little squiddie symbols?
Where are the Toadfish icons?
And could someone provide little Owls?
Dances with Motorcycles.