News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What do the little yellow stars mean?

Started by goat starer, October 18, 2006, 10:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goat starer

If the expletive you are refering to is in this thread then you should be aware that it isn't one in England and would certainly not be consifdered offensive. But we forget how our american cousins are still using colloquialisms that fell out of favour in England during the Crimean war  :-\

but I will change it to something equally inoffensive on both sides of the Atlantic  ;D
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Opsa

Ah, much better. I think. Thank you.

The so-called expletive in question was not particularly offensive to me, but since we are trying to promote religious tolerance I very much appreciate your sensitivity in this matter. Nice goat. Pat, pat.

goat starer

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Sibling Chatty

Goat, I like your new adverts on-line with the Geico Gecko...They show off your ears nicely.

(I saw it on Hotmail. Just the gecko and an ear, then clicky and there's Goat!!)
This sig area under construction.

goat starer

blimey chatty! thought you had lost it for a mo but googled the gecko thing and found it was real. wonders never cease  ;)

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

ivor

I found out about the stars.

Everybody gets a free star.  If you have 50 post you get two stars.  If you have 100 post you get another star.  Toadfish Novices have four stars.  Toadfish have five stars.

The Karma thing is just a toy.

MB

Sibling Chatty

Quote from: goat starer on October 20, 2006, 02:11:15 AM
blimey chatty! thought you had lost it for a mo but googled the gecko thing and found it was real. wonders never cease  ;)

I may be crazy but I know my livestock!! :-*

goat starer

I am not sure you are crazy. you have always struck me as one of the saner people around here!  :)

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

Sibling Chatty

That only shows ta go ya 'zakly how crazy I am. I've wrapped (or warped) all the way around the issue to the far side of sane again...

(The voices told me I wasn't crazy.  ;D ;D ;D)

ivor

You are cleaverly disguised as a sane person.  ;D

goat starer

and i still have fewer stars than everybody  :(

baaaaaah!

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

Sibling Chatty

Post more...

You're in England where the newspapers hit closer to the truth, so post me some political coverage from there. No matter what happens there, according to the US media, the sun shines out of Tony Blair's navel (as long as he supports Little George.)

Tell us what's really happening, there and in the EU. We're captives of the Main Stream Morons, errr, Media here in the US, and don't know what to even begin to google for!

goat starer

you will not be completely captives of the mainstream morons whist yu can still access the BBC and the Guardian and Independent websites! We may have a good independent press but far too much of it is owned by Murdoch (not the one from the A Team - that would be ace!)

I will post a UK news column on an irregualr basis in politics....

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

beagle

Quote from: goat starer on October 23, 2006, 09:53:54 AM
I will post a UK news column on an irregualr basis in politics....

You're not fooling anyone. Your spelling gives you away as a "Guardian" columnist.

By the way, you didn't use the "L" word I hope.

The angels have the phone box

goat starer

rumbled! what is the L word?

PS. I am still very confused about the stars thing. Opsanus posted an explanation somewhere but it seems to have gone (probably because it was Wrong). It is clearly nothing to do with number of posts. Could it be amount of time logged on?

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara