News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Independence Day (U.S.)

Started by Opsa, July 03, 2008, 09:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyderm

Ah, there you are, Major. Take a letter, would you?

To Major General Howe, Commander-in-Chief, British Army in America. Ai have at my disposal my Regiment, Colonel Pachyderm's Regiment of Heavy Cavalry (you should see the size of the horses...). Ai was at school with your brother, and can assure you while Ai have no particular claim to military greatness as yet, Ai am suited to command by my breeding and personal fortune. See you in the Hudson.

Your affectionate brother-in-arms,

Col. Pachyderm

Excellent. Dispatch it forthwith Major, then take the chaps to the ships.
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

goat starer

Colonel Goat - on behalf of Major General Howe

Sir,

glad to have you aboard old chap. Elephants did it for Hannibal and I am sure they will flatten these dastardly traitors. Throw good tea in a harbour would they? I've never been so shocked in my life!

Long live the King!

No Representation for Fat Simpletons Regardless of a Taxation!
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

beagle

Pachyderms have a bit of a mixed track record don't they? Claudius scared the Brits successfully with them, but Hannibal couldn't work out what to do with his once they'd been ski-ing. You'd have thought that big "Circus Maximus" sign was a clue where to go next wouldn't you?

The angels have the phone box

Sibling Chatty

Hmmm, an invasion by livestock, instigated by a small dog.

This could all be sorted out by a competent veterinarian.

The German mercenary, however...shall be deprived of all electronica!!
This sig area under construction.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on July 07, 2008, 09:29:12 PM

And you can never be quite sure where you are with a mythical creature. ;)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Chatty

Mythicals we can deal with. Remember, our current feerless leedur* is a "Compassionate Conservative" and they don't come more mythical than that...

*AKA, Duh Preznit, The Decider, or That Untreated Addict With the Delusions of Adequacy...

pieces o nine

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on July 07, 2008, 09:29:12 PM

This could all be sorted out by a competent veterinarian.

You must mean Cesar...
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Sibling Chatty

BEAGLE!! We need a picture and a video of you. Pieces and I want to enter you in a contest...

:mrgreen:

pieces o nine

Quote from: Sibling Chatty
BEAGLE!! We need a picture and a video of you. Pieces and I want to enter you in a contest...

:mrgreen:

But is he *truly* a small, yappy-type dog?
:D
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"

Sibling Chatty

There's prize money. We'll get him to fake it... ;D

beagle

BEAGLES ARE NOT SMALL.
AND WE DON'T HAVE A COMPLEX ABOUT IT.

Now I have to invade somewhere again.
The angels have the phone box

Swatopluk

Be quick or the Chinese rowing boat armada will be there before you.
(In a discussion on the SCOTUS 2nd amendement decision I read a few days ago, there was actually the claim that the 2nd A. is the only thing that has postponed yet a Chinese invasion* of the US by rowing boats).

*estimated strength 200-300 million
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

goat starer

how do you know there has not been one? the old lady up my road was convinced that the chinese were over here using their secret powers to 'divide' people. She said they had divided her and another one of her was in Glasgow. She was also convinced that they had divided her son and that one of him was being held against his will in the nursing home at the top of the road (pity the receptionist who recieved the daily visit demanding to see a non existent clone!).

Its just the type of thing those dastardly chinese would do.

When you got her in a room wth the sciitzophrenic old lady round the corner you would get a conversation about Hindus and the Chinese that would have made Oswald Mosely feel they were perhaps a little extreme.

and her cream cakes were always off

and she force fed me stewed celery as a child which i spooned into her crysanthamums when she was not looking... they died.

----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

pieces o nine

Have you considered writing memoirs, goat?

And who should play you in the inevitable Hollywoodized movie?

Griffin NoName

Quote from: goat starer on July 08, 2008, 12:11:02 PM
When you got her in a room wth the sciitzophrenic old lady round the corner you would get a conversation about Hindus and the Chinese that would have made Oswald Mosely feel they were perhaps a little extreme.

But not perhaps his son;)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand