News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Flatearther Game

Started by Swatopluk, November 15, 2008, 09:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

You are probably accustomed to the people commonly known as flatearthers. Those people fervently believe in specific things/theories that so-called "scientists" consider absurd. They usually deny to be conspiration theorists (or religious nuts) but claim that conventional science simply does not get it. They themselves on the other hand collect evidence for the truth of their pet theories and present it to the public.
We should help those martyrs of ignorance and participate in the collection of evidence.

Present flatearthy theories and the corroborating (or, in small doses, contrarian) evidence.
Attention: No temporal or alien intervention may be included (i.e. no time machines, no divine or little green man meddling)

Let me propose a few for starters.

1.The Neanderthals were a sophisticated society possessing wireless communication and sound recording equipment.
2.They were wiped out by the ancestors of homo gopensis.
3.The troglodytes (cavemen) used nuclear power leading to the loss of body hair due to insufficient radiation shielding (we inherited that).
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

4. The Iron Age was so called due to the heavy black beasts which rolled across the countryside emitting large clouds of steam.

Unsure why this is unsuitable for the Intelligent Evidence game which encouraged presentation of such theory :mrgreen:
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

I threatened Auntie with something worse there  :mrgreen:

The classical proof for wireless caveman technology is of course that no wires were ever found, so they must have done it without.
I think sound recording would have been possible with something like a primitive Edison phonograph precursor (wax, needles and membranes were available, the problem would have been the constant rotation of the cylinder).
Steam locomotives would have been possible in Hellenistic times. There was just no need seen for it.

Unseriously, the Trojan horse was actually an Iron Horse, a steam-powered battering ram

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Swatopluk on November 15, 2008, 11:00:26 AM
The classical proof for wireless caveman technology is of course that no wires were ever found, so they must have done it without.

And the neo-classical proof?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Swatopluk on November 15, 2008, 09:51:49 AM
Attention: No temporal or alien intervention may be included (i.e. no time machines, no divine or little green man meddling)
What, no Erich Von Däniken or Rosewell/Area 51?

There are some interesting nuggets on the first (he actually suggests wired tech before the last glaciation based on some groves on the base of the menhirs in the French Bretagne).

Ok, I guess the obvious one for this list is the hollow earth.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

The extreme hollow earth theory just requires a bit of meddling with the laws of optics, a mathematically simple circle inversion.