News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

UK interest: George Galloway

Started by Griffin NoName, March 31, 2012, 07:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

So the cat is back in Parliament. Like him or hate him, at least he speaks his mind and one is inclined to believe he is not lying like all the others about what he believes.

Big Brotther.
[youtube=425,350]E-D5XoNWFSQ[/youtube]
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Sibling DavidH

Quote from: Griffin NoName on March 31, 2012, 07:30:21 PM
So the cat is back in Parliament. Like him or hate him, at least he speaks his mind and one is inclined to believe he is not lying like all the others about what he believes.

Right - he believes in doing absolutely anything get in the public eye or to pick up a vote.  A half-insane egomaniac and publicity addict; he fits in rather well at Westminster.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Sibling DavidH on April 02, 2012, 02:25:49 PM
Quote from: Griffin NoName on March 31, 2012, 07:30:21 PM

Right - he believes in doing absolutely anything get in the public eye or to pick up a vote.  A half-insane egomaniac and publicity addict; he fits in rather well at Westminster.

I think he tops Boris who has turned a bit mild these days. :taz:
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling DavidH

Yes, Boris is probably plotting something ...
Boris, Ken, Galloway; all from the same mould.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Sibling DavidH on April 03, 2012, 08:33:54 AM
Yes, Boris is probably plotting something ...

They say he is aiming at Cameron's "job" - but has Cameron done enough stupid things to have to stand down? Not yet, and if he doesn't he could stay leader til Boris is too ancient - or does Boris have anti-aging genes?

Quote from: Sibling DavidH on April 03, 2012, 08:33:54 AM
Boris, Ken, Galloway; all from the same mould.

Yes, let' not forget Boris. You're alright, you don't live in London. Having to vote in Mayoral elections is a puzzle since only votes for Ken or Boris count (ie. the others are also-rans before they start). The Monster Raving Loony Party doesn't stand in local elections, sadly.
Psychic Hotline Host

Roland Deschain

I know George Galloway is a bit of a prick, but I have a soft spot for him. He does speak his mind, regardless of what people say about him. I suppose the worst thing is his constant attention-seeking, which rather gets on one's nerves from time to time.

Remember that period where he was hounded and vilified for speaking up about Saddam Hussein? The Sun, that most reputable of newspapers (*gags*), ran story after story, accusing him of taking bribes from the late Iraqi leader, and even going so far as to deliver a barrel of oil to his home.

What made me sick over that whole affair was the venom directed at him. I believe that he was genuinely trying to do something good, yet there he was, being hauled in front of committee after committee being accused of nefarious acts. Throughout that period, almost nobody mentioned that Thatcher supported him in the 80s, or that Rumsfeld sold him arms too. It was only Galloway himself who brought that up before one Senate committee, stating that he'd met Saddam as many times as Rumsfeld.

It was all double standards.
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Roland Deschain on April 04, 2012, 03:04:12 AM
I know George Galloway is a bit of a prick, but I have a soft spot for him. He does speak his mind, regardless of what people say about him. I suppose the worst thing is his constant attention-seeking, which rather gets on one's nerves from time to time.
It was all double standards.

When is it not double standards?

I always perk up when Galloway comes on TV. I reckon he is good value for money, whether I agree with him or not. He's got guts, right or wrong.

Part of the problem is that our MPs have become so non-Statesmen (hmmm people) - dull dull dull.
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

The Sun is owned by News Corp/Rupert Murdoch who was in with the war from the start. Add to that the so-called critical (read:manufactured) "evidence" came from the UK, and that it is quite likely that MI6 killed David Kelley, and vilifying anyone outside the party line is an easy job.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.