News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Incapacity (work wise) and creating a destitute society

Started by Griffin NoName, January 12, 2012, 02:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

The goverment is taking away benefits for seriously ill people who can't work due their condition. provided they qualify (hard in itself as the bar has been lifted too high) they can get state support (money) for 2 years (assuming the Lords wins) but then it stops. So someone who develops and incurable disease (or progressive one), such that they can't work, after 2 years their benefit will cease. I am reeling with shock. Such claimants face a life of destitution - dire poverty, no means of support, just beause their illness last two years plus. What is going to happen? Will we see seriously ill people becoming homeless - rejects of a supposedly responsible society. A society who cannot abide sub-human working machines.

I cannot believe this new policy, due to become law in April. Surely it is one for the Human Rights Watch? It sickens me.

I want  a government who can legislate along humanitarian grounds.

Partly these swinging cuts are put at the cause of so called benefit cheets. They take no account of those (major genuine cases)

This really marks out the Tories as the party of the rich. No compassion. no compprehensive (cabinet are all megga rich). I am deeply ashamed of their winner takes all.

Oh for legislation to force top earners to support the sick.

<rant>

I am very unhappy - as you will have gathered. Personally I think I escape this swinging removal of all support due to my age and the particular rules applying to the change over. But I am just as cross as if it were to affect me as it will millions of people and my escape is age related and I ascape the change by the skin of my cheek (hmmm fingers crossed, nothing certain).
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Opsa

...and I thought U.S. benefits reeked. What is up with the world leaders?

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Opsa on January 12, 2012, 10:42:32 PM
What is up with the world leaders?

Capitalism!

I watched the two major political programs on TV tonight and the benefits fiasco only got a passing fleeting mention in one of them. So, one might also ask, what is wrong with the media, except we know what is wrong with the media (Leverson Enquiry).

I am still fuming at the contents of the welfare bill, slightly commuted by the Lords, but will pass into law in April.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Scriblerus the Philosophe

...and I thought U.S. benefits reeked. What is up with the world leaders?
Corporatism. It's like the Guilded Age all over again.

Quote from: Griffin NoName on January 13, 2012, 03:36:28 AM
What is up with the world leaders?

Capitalism!

I watched the two major political programs on TV tonight and the benefits fiasco only got a passing fleeting mention in one of them. So, one might also ask, what is wrong with the media, except we know what is wrong with the media (Leverson Enquiry).

I am still fuming at the contents of the welfare bill, slightly commuted by the Lords, but will pass into law in April.
How many companies own the media outlets there?
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Scriblerus the Philosophe on January 13, 2012, 04:13:17 AM
How many companies own the media outlets there?

Dunno off the top of my head. 7 or 8 maybe - that's newspapers, plus a handful of one's I've never heard of! My comment re media was a bit mixed up - I was citing TV but it's the newspapers that all the fuss is about at present. As for TV - I really don't know, they mushroom, but there are four main ones plus Sky and a zillion I never watch and haven't a clue about. Then there's mags... etc.
Psychic Hotline Host