News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

XTC

Started by Opsa, March 07, 2013, 09:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

I was ruminating on Aggie's topic of Highly Sensitive People when I remembered this old XTC song called Senses Working Overtime. It's been playing in my head and I had to see if I could find it online.

XTC was a pretty cool band.

Aggie

I know that song... it never made sense to me, because I can easily taste the difference between a lemon and a lime. Then again, I've got highly sensitive taste buds. ;)

Oh, and although we've been discussing Highly Sensitive People by PM, I haven't actually got around to starting a topic on it... thanks for the reminder!  I'll try to get around to it soon. Looking deeper into this has helped me gain some self-understanding and self-acceptance about why I'm a little quirkier than the average bipedal primate.  
WWDDD?

Opsa

You and me too, my sibling!

I can taste the difference between a lemon and a lime too, but I often feel like my senses are working overtime.

XTC was a fun band, though, as was their psychedelic alias The Dukes of the Stratosphear.

roystonoboogie

XTC (Andy Partridge and Colin Moulding)  wrote an absolutely stunning folk song called 'Love on a farmboy's wages' which sounds like it is 150 years old but is in fact only 30 years old. It was covered by both The Poozies and the mighty Fairport Convention.

Have a listen, and consider that this is contemporary with Karma Chameleon by Culture Club and Gold by Spandau Ballet.

Opsa

I remember and love that song!  :-* :-* :-*
Thank you for the link.