News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Permission to Come Aboard?

Started by Aggie, August 01, 2012, 04:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aggie

Not sure what this is about, but I got in via email this morning.   YgggrrrrhhhAAAAUURGH!!

If Tom's touring, I intend to see him live ASAP, even if extensive travel and large sums of money are required.  I've become a rabid fan-boy lately.  :mrgreen: ::)
WWDDD?

Opsa

OMG- izzit Tom Waits? I love him so much!

(Please excuse that outburst.)

Aggie

Excuse?! I endorse it!

I've been into his back catalogue a lot lately, but his new album is as good as ever, possibly better.  Tom's stuff got me singing and I keep finding more songs to sing along with (I've started trying to adapt his stuff to my own voice and different styles instead of trying to growl like the master, although I can make a passable effort at growling out some tracks - between coughing fits ;) ).

Obligatory Tom Waits joke: God, the Devil and Tom Waits walk into a bar.  The waitress says "Table for one, sir?" ;)
WWDDD?

Opsa

:ROFL:

Delightful!

Apparently nobody knows yet where he'll tour. Please let us know when you hear.

Aggie

Will do, I'm on the mailing list.  

I will certainly travel to the US (possibly further abroad, if it's cheaper for flights and the like) to see him, if necessary.  I expect a limited number of dates, and doubt he'll perform on this side of Canada.
WWDDD?

Aggie

I BREATHE BETTER UNDERWATER

WWDDD?

Opsa

Aggie

Hard to say... an album so soon after Bad as Me would be surprising but not unheard of for Tom; I think a tour is more likely.  That being said, a live album after a tour might be quite likely.
WWDDD?

DaveL

YArrrr...

Permission to board please  ;D
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Sibling DavidH

Aaargh, Dave, pull up a halliard block and sit down.

DaveL

YArrr...

Thanks matey, I might use some of that timber for me next peg leg.

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Aggie

Ahoy Dave!   :yar:

Never Bring a Gun to a Spoonfight

Announcement's tomorrow!   :faint:
WWDDD?

Bluenose

Quote from: DaveL on August 04, 2012, 03:43:18 AM
YArrrr...

Permission to board please  ;D

Avaarrsstt, Dave me ole bucko!  Fancy meetin' ye heer!  Shot down enny fat, red and white elves lately?
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

DaveL

Ahoy mateys, it be good to see yers. Yes still looking to repay Santa for his unrequited gifts when I was a junior pirate. The socks and comb I received from Santa, when I requested a 18 pounder cannon will never...ummm...be forgotten.
These days I've been repaying him with my own 18 pounder.  It's just me aim is a bit affected from the grog. 

Aggie

Official announcement from Tom:

Quote"As most of you guessed, it's a tour...a tour de force!

"Matt Mahurin has created an apocalyptic war dream to accompany the song HELL BROKE LUCE. Kathleen and I envisioned it as an enlightened drill sergeant yelling the hard truths of war to a brand new batch of recruits. The video grew from the gnawing image of a soldier pulling his home, through a battlefield, at the end of a rope.

"I think you will agree, it's uplifting and fun."

"Hell Broke Luce," featuring Marc Ribot and Keith Richards on guitar, with Flea on bass and Casey Waits on drums, is from Waits' most recent release, BAD AS ME.

Ok, so not a tour, but it's one hell of a good video.  It's actually the track I'm most likely to skip on 'Bad as Me', mostly 'cause it's so rough, but the video is amazing for the track:

[youtube=425,350]0Fju9o8BVJ8[/youtube]
WWDDD?