News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Braingasm Music

Started by Roland Deschain, June 03, 2012, 08:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Swatopluk on June 03, 2012, 09:13:47 PM
I prefer to use the metal for axe-heads ;)

Beware!! Swato is talking about axes again!!
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

So many new selections to enjoy! Thank you, siblings!

Zono, I'll see your Bach and go deep into my collection to raise you Mannheim Steamroller's Small Wooden Bachses.
[youtube=425,350]8p9iOAR3_40[/youtube]
Short but sweet.

And I'll bet you thought I was going to post something by PDQ Bach, didn't you!    :D
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Roland Deschain

Some great music there miladies and migentlemen, including some pieces i've heard many times before. I'm still slowly making my way through everything, but as i'm still groggy from last night, it's taking a while. :mrgreen:
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Roland Deschain

[youtube=425,350]F3RYvO2X0Oo[/youtube]
This. Forever and ever more; this. One of the most beautiful songs ever written by The Beatles. I could listen to this one on repeat forever.

[youtube=425,350]Mb3iPP-tHdA[/youtube]
Also this. So beautiful.

pieces o nine

Two very good selections, there.

How I wish I could exchange my old boss for this boss!    :heartbeat:

[youtube=425,350]d5PoIrcyd34[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]29_RZ82aZ6A[/youtube]
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"

Roland Deschain

I like Bruce Springsteen, but i've never found him to be braingasm music at all. I don't know why, but he's never gripped me like other artists have.

The two bands I posted are, strangely enough, two who greatly influenced the beginning of Prog Rock and the concept album, one of my greatest loves. While My Guitar Gently Weeps specifically has some sublime guitar work in it, which is the work of George Harrison, who wrote the song, and Eric Clapton, who played lead guitar.

pieces o nine

Well, if we're limited to artists which have gripped  us ...hmmm...  nope, I got nothing...

I liked Springsteen because he kept doing what he liked, even when overshadowed by disco. But he was both talented and fortunate, and the E Street Band was still standing (albeit barely) when that craze ended.

Watching old videos and movies is a check on how my view of 'normal' corresponds to current standards. When Procol Harum were on the charts, I thought they were fab and groovy. Watching the video you linked to, now, I am distracted by thoughts of, "What is going on with that moustache?" The same thing happens in any movie with 1980's style oversized glasses.   

Aggie

This has been rattling around my brain-box (and playlists) of late:

[youtube=425,350]g2fRM0bdLco[/youtube]

I love unconventional cover songs.  :)
WWDDD?