News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

5 most played albums?

Started by Darlica, April 06, 2009, 08:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluenose

Nothing wrong with a bit of thread necromancy.  This is the Toadfish Monsatery and we're famous for things like that and topic drift and other "sins" of the on-line world.  The thing we don't like is being disrespectful or intolerant of other siblings.  So Roystonboogie you go ahead and resurrect any threads you like, we'll join in.

As for my current five albums, in no particular order:

• Wish You Were Here Pink Floyd
  • Moonflower Santana
  • Brothers in Arms Dire Straits
  • Between Last Night and Us The Audreys
  • Songbird Eva Cassidy

Except for the first item which will probably always be on my list, since it is my favourite album of all time by at least an order of magnitude, the rest is subject to change without notice!   :mrgreen:
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

The Meromorph

Currently...

Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians - Shooting Rubberbands at the Moon.
Fox - Blue Hotel.
Linda Ronstadt - Simple Dreams.
The Eagles - Hotel California.
Paul Simon - Graceland.
Dances with Motorcycles.

Darlica

I had forgot about this thread...  :)

Since my work is kind of noisy I usually like to have it rather quiet on my free time but if I ask my cell phone (which double as my mp3 player) it tells me that this is the most played albums of the last few months:

Monster by Mimikry (contemporary Swedish punk)

Best of Chris Isaak

Mixed mp3's by Joan Jet (No album just my Joan Jet folder)

Mixed mp3's by DiVinyls  (Same here as above)

United states of mind- Covenant (Swedish synth/EMB)

:D
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Aggie

Won't swear this is accurate in terms of times played, but albums that are coming up frequently as of late include:

The Dandy Warhols - 13 Tales from Urban Bohemia
Ha Ha Tonka - Lessons
The Rolling Stones - Beggar's Banquet
Jimmy Cliff - Struggling Man
Cod Gone Wild - The Traveler (and eagerly awaiting Battered and Fried, on St. Patty's Day)

I tend to listen to online playlists rather than full albums at home, but that's the album list from the truck and shop.
WWDDD?

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

Let's see... not sure on iTunes how to show most plays out of recent times, so if that's what you're using Darlica let me know how because that sounds cool.

Just straight play-count skews results because I listen to music when I sleep and usually certain playlists, so my all-time ends up looking like this:

1. Four Ray Lynch CDs (Deep Breakfast, The Sky of Mind, Nothing Above My Shoulders But The Evening, No Blue Thing)
2. Moby (18)
3. Enya (Watermark)
4. Pink Floyd (Wish You Were Here)
5. Nine Inch Nails (Ghosts I-IV)

But some artists/albums I've been into more generally recently:

Nine Inch Nails - Hesitation Marks
The Heavy - The Glorious Dead, Great Vengeance And Furious Fire, The House that Dirt Built, all really awesome albums.
Cage the Elephant - Melophobia
Young The Giant - Mind Over Matter
Soulsavers - The Light the Dead See
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one them, it gets up and kills. The poeple it kills get up and kill!

http://qwertysvapourtrail.blogspot.com/

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Albums...

OK, Shostakovich symphonies, if forced probably the 5th and the 7th, and/or Shostakovich 24 Preludes and Fuges.

A couple of masses, probably Mozart's requiem, Mass in Cm, and/or Brahms Requiem and related works including Nänie and Schicksalslied plus Bach's mass in Bm.

Brahms Symphonies, all or any.

Prokofiev's symphonies and/or his ballets (Romeo & Juliet, Cinderella).

Pop albums are a bit harder, probably The Wall as an album if not able to take Pink Floyd's whole thing, King Crimson's full production, Led Zeppelin's full production or Toto's full production.

--
And that excludes all the jazz I'm listening lately, particularly Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band, or Charles Mingus work.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

roystonoboogie

There are some interesting interpretations of the number 'five' here... :P

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

Five is a state of mind, man. Break free from the numerological constraints of society.

I just didn't feel quite right putting up 4 Ray Lynch albums and then one other, so I went for top 5 artists instead... :P And after that, well, all bets are off.
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one them, it gets up and kills. The poeple it kills get up and kill!

http://qwertysvapourtrail.blogspot.com/

Griffin NoName

Brave Q, You could be lynched for that.  :P
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: roystonoboogie on February 25, 2014, 09:32:02 PM
There are some interesting interpretations of the number 'five' here... :P
Symphonies often come in a two per disc/"album" (unless we are talking Mahler here), and the Preludes & Fugues come in one album (even if it usually includes two or three discs), same thing with big masses like Bach's in Bm (which also comes in two discs), or the ballets, so technically those are "albums", although to tell the truth it becomes harder and harder nowadays when you can buy omnibus versions of everything, from Led Zeppelin to Saint-Saëns, some at the same price as the old fashion pop "album". In front of me I have a boxed set with nine Duke Ellington "albums" which were priced at pretty much the same as your run of the mill, craptastic pop you see peddled in the brick and mortar stores (or amazon's home page).

Why should I restrict myself to 6-8 songs lasting less than 40 minutes when I can have a box of 12 CDs filled with all Mozart/Vaughn-Williams/Shostakovich Symphonies?  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

Still waiting for the Sibelius edition to be sold as a single block instead of 13 volumes (á 5-6 discs)

Edit: each volume costs abot 50€ => 650€. I guess en bloc it would be about half that
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.