News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Epic

Started by Scriblerus the Philosophe, September 27, 2008, 04:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scriblerus the Philosophe

[youtube=425,350]3QWS1xUkUaA[/youtube]

Silly, sometimes, but epic.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Darlica

I predict that Carl Orff is spinning in his grave when hearing this...

Which is a good thing IMHO. ;D

Thank you for sharing!

If you like the sound of bagpipes and hurdy-gurdy and don't mind the lyrics being in a crazy  moon language you should check out the Swedish/Finnish group Hedningarna (trans. the pagans), you can always ask me to translate form Swedish for you...

http://www.last.fm/music/Hedningarna?setlang=en  :)

For good traditional mediaeval religious music (in Latin) try The Hilliard Ensemble, Codex Speciálník, music from a Prague manuscript c 1500. Absolutely beautiful! I usually play this album a lot around Christmas instead of listening to the ever present modern Christmas-carols. 
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I have that CD, and a bunch more of medieval music.

I can't listen to the first thing (I'm on my phone), but being someone who likes Orff, I'm already suspicious.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Darlica

It's fun!

It's a song from Carmina Burana but in a rather wild interpretation.
Orff was a National Romantic and his interpretations of mediaeval music tends to be more "mediaeval" than they probably was in the middle ages, if you catch my drift.

To a lot of people I've met who are really into mediaeval music saying Carl Orff is like waving a red banner in front of a bull. Orff's music for Carmina Burana is a lot of things but it's not mediaeval, it's a bit pompous for my taste but the choruses are magnificent in their own right.
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous